iFi Zen Can vs Topping A50S for Sundaras

Hi everyone,

I have been using my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohms and Philips SHP9600 on the iFi Zen DAC for a while now. Recently I got the HiFiMAN Sundaras and was wondering if I could benifit from an Amp upgrade. Within my budget and availability in my location I can pick between the iFi Zen Can completing the stack and the Topping A50S. I plan on running the Sundaras balanced.

Which one should I go for? Or should I invest in something else as my next upgrade?

Get a Schiit Asgard 3 and use the dac on the Zen. If available in your location

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately Schiit products arenā€™t available in Bangladesh.

1 Like

just saw they canā€™t get Schiitā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

I reviewed the Zen Can here, I found the Zen Dac works pretty well and didnā€™t find Zen Can much of an improvement. Maybe if you find Sundara to bright you might benefit from it

1 Like

Not really. I actually find them to be very pleasant. I just wanted to know if I could extract more from it through an amp upgrade. If not, what should be the next logical upgrade path for me?

I have Zen stack, and I do hear much of improuvment with zen Can in resolution of sound.

1 Like

A50s is much more powerfull, by FAR and cleaner than Ifi zen.
I will go with A50s without hesitate.

1 Like

Thanks! I was actually thinking the same.

The Topping is brand new,better wait because you can be save of Problems.Wait they have finished and sell the first and secend production and solved problems.
With the L30 was a really unhappy end with a lot of anoying.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair point. But havenā€™t seen anyone posting any issues regarding the A50S in any of the forums thus far.

Thatā€˜s need time to see how good it works.The topping is on sale 123 week ago.

Iā€™ve got both and I agree that the A50s is way cleaner but the IFI is more ā€œfunā€, though i havenā€™t tried the sundaras.