Ifi Zen Dac + ifi Zen Can

I have the ifi Zen Dac. Thinking I could use more power. Would pairing the Zen Can, with the Zen Dac be a good idea?

This is fine. You’d have to find a 4.4mm pentaconn to 4.4mm pentaconn cable (Hart Audio makes them for example) but once you have that you’d be set. Just set the Zen DAC switch to Fixed, hook em together and you’d have it it no problem.

Is there any other way to connect between them other than the 4.4 cable? Kinda hard to find them where i am

Were do You you live?

I’m from malaysia

You can still use RCA connections between the two as well.

Has anyone used this combo? Thoughts?

Oof price higher than i expected. Thanks anyway!

do you Think both zen can and dac can power headphone with higher ohm up to 800?
Sorry kinda new in this hobby, the numbers make me confused

The Hart Audio cable is US$15

The cheapest shipping is USPS ~US$15 for 1st Class Package International
You could contact Hart and get a quote.

On the Zen CAN, you could ask iFi

Absolutely, I use my DT880 600 Ohm in this combination with XBass and 3D switched on. Sounds very good.

1 Like

Anyone here got his Zen DAC without a 6.3 adapter? Ordered mine on Amazon.de, got it in a non sealed box without the adapter…

Mine died right after 30 days, so no replacement from Bloom Audio, but I did get an adapter. It is making a loud pop in the hp drivers every time I insert a hp in the unit . I tried both Bal and SE, same pop. I am not a technician but it feel like an electrical short of some kind. There is also a constant white noise that has rendered the dac useless. I will gladly take a working unit with no adapter… anyone else had similar issues?

Mine is working fine. Did you try to update the firmware? This was the first thing i did and the light turned yellow as an indication for the new firmware. Plugging in a hp doesn’t make any noice, but I turn the DAC completely down to plug or unplug.

The first thing I did was updated to the GTO. I don’t always lower the volume before unplugging. Could that have damage the unit? Particularly with the balanced cable.