🔷 iFi Zen Stream

The software update mentioned is a pain in the ass! (Sorry)

After the app advised me to install it, I TRIED to do so.
The following error message was displayed again and again despite several attempts:

I kept restarting the streamer and / or the software / app when I tried it for the fourth time, it worked.

Then it really started with the problems, the ifi Zen Can was no longer recognized as a usb device, only when I changed the software setting and saved it did at least the control light come on again, the sound was still not played :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :question:

After turning both the device and the app off and on again, the same error again :nauseated_face:.

So I completely rebooted the stramer and set it up from scratch, and integrated it into my home network again, after which everything worked as it should.

I can now control Spotify again from all my devices at the same time :+1:

Ifi software control and corresponding updates are really often a "painful" :exploding_head: :sneezing_face: :woozy_face: experience.

If this wonderful sonic experience :blush: weren’t as good as it is, I would probably have ignored this brand some time ago.

The packaging and the product appearance of the hardware are quite competitive with Apple, the software and the associated setting and control options are certainly not.

The most serious cases currently are:

Control app of the Zenstream, and the iDSD Pro

Volume control of the Gryphon and the Go Blue via USB

Please :pray: :pray: :pray: work on these things and only bring the devices / software onto the market once they have been thoroughly tested and tried.

Apple is scolded for the fact that they always bring their devices and innovations onto the market relatively late, but then … these are fully developed.

Does that hurt them somehow?

:thinking: :face_with_monocle:

Noooooo, on the contrary, they are the market leader in their market segment.

Ifi has the potential, please work on the problems that are all known.

So the Zen Stream costs $400, and for a mere $10 you can buy a RPi Zero 2W with Moode that does the same thing?

And has PEQ? And can be a NAS server? And doesn’t support Master Quality Snake Oil?

Ifi is absurd

Nope, it is a bit “tricky” to use, but sonically, with a large part of my headphone portfolio, it is excellent.

If I compare the Zen Stream with my Bluesound Node on my stereo system, the Zen plays significantly more clearly and with a larger soundstage than the Node 130, witch it is even more expensive, the transparency and separation of voices and the instruments is excellent with the Zen.

There is nothing wrong with the sound of ifi’s devices, only the software control and update simplicity I would like to have on bluesound level :bangbang:

I mean the feature set you get with the Pi is better than the Zen, which costs 40x as much. Besides, those differences will be in the DAC, surely

Both are connected to my marantz receiver via coax cables, in this case the same DAC of the amplifier is used, but these differences still exist :man_shrugging:

Hi, quick and hopefully simple question … does the Zen stream support Amazon music Ultra HD (better than 16/44.1)? If not, is that planned or is there a workaround? Thanks

1 Like

It does not at this time, per the needs for the Chromecast. We are still working on providing that.

Per that, an update from us:

A quick update from us to you on Chromecast and the Zen Stream:

The outlook for Chromecast is not so optimistic. Our audiophile community does not seem to be high on Google’s list of priorities. The entire process is proceeding very slowly indeed, much more slowly than we could have anticipated, but we are trying as hard as we can to get this done.

Rest assured, we hope you understand we are still working on it and will continue to provide updates as things progress.

Hi folks,

Please check out episode one of recurring updates from our dev team on all things Zen Stream.

If you like this format, please let us know. If there is anything we missed and you’d like us to discuss as well, please do let us know here!

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks good. I like the transparency. Tell them to keep up the good work!

Agreed. I may end up with a streaming device yet down the line. This one is starting to get my attention.

Thanks, guys! Let me know if you guys have any specific questions. I’m the resident iFi rep here and am happy to help however I can.

Oh, no Amazon support? That is a deal breaker for me. We’ll see how things progress.

I believe I heard or read on another forum that iFi is working on integrating Amazon Music. But tthat may have more to do with waiting on Amazon to implement this in their software app first.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the main reason i didn’t try one for myself, but i can understand that it’s not so easy to get Amazon to let you work with their software XD
But one can hope :smiley:

1 Like

As you guys now know, our ZEN Stream is officially Roon Ready!

iFi has teamed up with our partner, Roon Labs, to offer 2,000 lucky applicants a free 60-day trial of their service which delivers hi-res, bit-perfect audio streaming. This is open to all ZEN Stream users. All you need is your serial number.

Fill in the form below to receive your unique registration code and details of how to use it.

2 Likes

It has come to our attention that some of you have discovered and uploaded beta firmware for your iFi streamer.
We do not recommend updating your iFi streamer to beta software. Beta software is considered to be in a testing phase and may not be fully stable or reliable. It could cause issues with the functioning of your streamer and may also lead to loss of data or settings.

It is important to use only official and stable software releases for your iFi streamer, which can be found through the device system settings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to our technical support team via https://support.ifi-audio.com/

Thank you for your understanding and support and we wish you the best with your iFi streamer.