Ikko OH10 New Flagship

I’ve only seen this review so far since very few people own them at the moment.

3 Likes

What’s your thoughts on this set mate :+1:

Balanced, great bass and mids, big soundstage, laid back and relaxed, light and comfortable. Ideal for my music, blues and jazz mostly.

1 Like

Cool thanks buddy…Reckon you’d like the IT100’s too in that case :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

I purchased my OH10s from @WaveTheory - thanks mate! - and they arrived today. I threw on some new Comply foam tips I had - Comply has worked well for me before, and I can try some tip rolling later if I feel like it - and I was good to go. Yes, these IEMs are heavy, but they are comfortable. I had been warned that the stock cable sucks, but I must have low standards because I don’t have any complaints about it.

My first listening was straight out of my Cayin N3 DAP’s headphone jack with a few sonatas for strings and keyboard from 1682 by Johann Rosenmüller, at 96 kHz/24 bit. These sounded very, very good. Much better than I was expecting.

Next I plugged them into my Audio-gd R-28 DAC/amp and listened to a couple of tracks from “Buckjump” by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Wow. I mean, DAMN. These earphones are groin-grabbingly good. The percussion section came to life - it sounded like there were 10 people just going nuts with shakers, toms, cymbals, etc. The bass drum sounded liked it was 7 ft in diameter (that’s about grande size in metric) - freaking HUGE. I mean, BOOM! What a thrill! I swapped out the OH10s for my LCD-2Cs to compare, and I’m ashamed to admit I was a little disappointed. I want to say the Audeze’s SQ was better overall, but they just weren’t as fun. Also to be fair, the 2Cs don’t really play well with that particular amp.

So after a short session I can say that I look forward to regular use of the OH10s. They are versatile (baroque strings and New Orleans jazz both sounded great), and they scale well (going from a budget DAP to an R-2R DAC/SS amp was a noticeable step up). They might even end up replacing my Starfields, but I will be spending some quality time comparing the two different sets of IEMs.

11 Likes

You bet! Glad they arrived safely.

I liked the cable at first too. It does a good job with a first impression…until it starts tangling like a mofo.

Sounds like a good time to me. Enjoy!

4 Likes

OH10 did make me change my understanding of what good sub bass was.the 2c and the OH10 are both beasts and my top choice for bass performance.

1 Like

i have yet to find a headphone that sounds more exciting than the OH10, although it does miss some of the open back planar style sound obviously, but other than that they are amazing especially for a good price

3 Likes

How do you find them compared to the TinHifi P1?
I have both and think they complement each-other quite well.

1 Like

I agree, both are detailed, but one is a fun sound while the other is mid and neutral in nature, bass responses are both detailed, but both have different presentations. One,needs power the other doesnt etc.

1 Like

They are both among my favourites. The OH10 is permantly in my car, so I have a good set, when out shopping etc.

I hope that iems can handle the heat/cold lol.

1 Like

So do I, but I think they will be okay. If not Amazon has to cough up a new pair :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Well if you got them from amazon, then feel free to abuse their awesome return rules :joy:

1 Like

I am used to those return rules; in Denmark where I am from, we have two years of full waranty for everything.
So if the quality is crap, the company has issues.

3 Likes

2 years! Damn that is nice, although I never buy stuff from Sweden so I haven’t checked the return rules here lol :joy:

Same - most of my audio gear, incl. IEM’s, are NOT locally bought. I had a tube amp from China and they send an new to me without and hazzle, due to a bad connection in the one I bought.
So it takes time, but good service is not that strange for many companies.

1 Like

The whole European Union has a mandatory two year warranty for everything manufactured …

1 Like