▶ iLoud Micro

This is the official thread for the iLoud Micro from IK Multimedia. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Active
  • Coaxial
  • B+ Build Quality

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

Why is this thread empty? iLoud gang report in!

2 Likes

I agree, why it’s this thread empty? I don’t have a lot of experience with different powered monitors, but these are a lot of fun. I picked mine up second hand for $80 on OfferUp - one of the best deals I’ve made. Even at full price I’m not sure what I would buy instead.

1 Like

I agree, had them and sold them cause they got like 10% less loud than I wanted and distorted when really low bass hits, ended up upgrading to vanatoo t0(paid the absolute ass in import taxes and shipping) and yeah they’re technically better in every way but the tunning in the ilouds is just magic, I’d compare them to the 6xx but in nearfield speaker form, vanatoo would be something like a sundara imo…
But yeah, I kinda regret dropping the money on the vanatoo instead of finding a way to connect a sub to the ilouds as that would solve the loudness and bass problem

3 Likes

If I can find a good used deal, I’ll grab a set for sure

2 Likes

I ran across this iLoud Micro review: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Review (noaudiophile.com)

The review wasn’t that great (interesting measurement techniques), but the EQ he proposes at the end has been very interesting to try. I’m running it via Roon on my Micro Monitors now and I think I like it. Not a drastic change, but cleans up a couple issues I had with the speakers. Reduces bass bleed into the mid range, and takes some harshness out of the highs (especially at higher volume). YMMV, but it may be worth a try.

Just picked up a pair of these. Holy cow the bass these things produce for their size is insane!