Important information regarding Amazon and shipments

I mean, lol, I don’t believe anyone will actually enforce this, but saying “we have the quarantine act” was probably the most polite way to say “stay the fuck home, or else, we definitely could make you regret it”.

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s a real issue. And its not just the elderly that’s not listening. It’s dipshits in BC who think its party time and Alberta who still think is overblown or a hoax. In Toronto, the biggest fucking issue for me are joggers and businessmen. Jackasses give not one shit for Personal Space

When this is over I’m gonna be pretty flush for cash (working from home) so I think I’ll spend it on some high end stuff

1 Like

But then how will we take our leisure during the quarantine??

“…let them eat cake!”

1 Like

Funny thing about that:
Local shope ran out of flour, TP and bread. Still had tons of ice cream and cake though. So I had cake for breakfast the past 3 days.

3 Likes

Cake still leads to a need for TP. How have you solved that one?

(Don’t feel obligated to answer ;p )

I just got notice today that an item I ordered several days ago is just shipping and it was in stock.

It’s a new world…

1 Like

I’m going to call any weight gain during this period “The COVID Nineteen”

3 Likes

Because of this virus, well, you could say Amazon Canada is “closed” (well… everything “ship and sold by Amazon.ca” I guess).

Time to enjoy the “decentralized” world of eBay and Paypal. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have never done a single purchase on EBay. Everything about it seems sketchy, especially the sellers/vendors.

I don’t need anything that important. My Amazon purchases are usually just toys or supplies, nothing really necessary.

Lol, I thought the same about Amazon and that’s why I stuck with eBay. I just used Amazon for the first time this month because I couldn’t find some stuff on eBay.

With Amazon (not the “ship and sold by amazon” things) it’s pretty much exactly like eBay… except worse.

-You might believe it’s trustworthy because of all the 4 and 5-star reviews, but the stars are for the review of the product. Still I saw a lot of people complaining about sellers with one-star reviews of a product…
-The % of people happy with their purchase is hidden and you have to click on their name to see it.
-But then, just changing the size or color of an item can change the seller. So you have to be careful about that too.
-And even if you’re careful, you notice something… the percentage of happy customers appears to be way less than what you see on eBay.

Seriously, on eBay, when you look at an item, the first thing you see (well, the first thing I look at) is the percentage of happy customers, and the number of customers, who bought from this guy or girl. When I see someone with a 95% or less rating, I’m like “augh, no”. Good luck finding that on Amazon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, there’s Paypal. You never give your credit card info to anyone. You can just pay everything via Paypal. And there’s obviously 2FA (two-factor authentication), and if you pay for something and don’t receive it, Paypal will just refund you.

1 Like

Want the best of both worlds? Look at the reviews of the items you want on Amazon and buy from 99%-100% trusted sellers on eBay… I’ve done that often, lol.

I have only had two problems with products from Amazon. One Japanese and one Chinese. In both cases as soon I contacted the sellers they IMMEDIATELY apologized and gave me a full refund and told me to keep the product.

My wife had one problem and couldn’t get satisfaction. She called Amazon and they refunded her the next day. I guess Amazon got the money back from the seller.

Most of the stuff I buy online I don’t really need, so it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

I guess the unease with Ebay is how invested Ebay themselves are in whether you actually get the thing you ordered in satisfactory condition. Amazon don’t take shit from their sellers if they’re screwing you around.
I had a problem with a 3rd party seller who wouldn’t issue a refund for more than 6 weeks. Amazon refunded the money themselves and the seller vanished from the site a couple of weeks later.

1 Like

Maybe eBay doesn’t care, but when you pay with Paypal, zero problems. You tell Paypal you did not receive the item, and they’ll refund you instantly (or fast, like in 24 hours, I don’t remember… it only happened to me once).

1 Like

not sure but they just layed off a bunch of local amazon delivery men

:stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, Gordon. I hope that’s for stealing TP and not a direct replacement…

:dizzy_face:

:laughing:

2 Likes

Seems like some items have regulated on Amazon.

well…made an order for some stuff. food (coffee) is being delivered in 2 - 4 days, but the other stuff has an ETA between April 1st and April 22nd. :stuck_out_tongue:

They probably deemed coffee “essential” like alcohol and weed in Quebec, lol.

Seriously though, I guess it’s just because it’s in the food category.