Important information regarding Amazon and shipments

Seems like an important thing to post in case you have pending deliveries that got delayed.

Here’s why.

6 Likes

Maybe not for Canada (Amazon.ca), apparently my packages should arrive in 3 days (…but I ordered everything like a week ago).

This is specifically referring to accepting new stock. They’ll still deliver stock they’re already carrying.

2 Likes

New problem. Amazon canada is just collapsing at least in Ontario.
No deliveries till april 20th on most items

1 Like

Oops. :open_mouth: What happened?

1 Like

Virus is not slowing down, at all.
So containment and quarantine measures are raised. Amazon as a distributor of everything prioritizes safety gear over leisure goods.

2 Likes

Yeah I just remembered Ontario is hit harder than us (Quebec) right now.

French website is just saying shipping could be slower. Oh well, whatever.
I’m definitely not complaining, just, sympathizing.

1 Like

Also ontario is on absolute lockdown as of tomorrow

1 Like

It’s a pain in the ass because I simply even just go out to buy stuff anymore.

2 Likes

We’re beating the shit out of an enemy by just staying at home and watching TV.
Hey, I feel powerful all of a sudden. Lol.

9 Likes

Yes, let’s not screw this up!

3 Likes

Quebec in lockdown starting tomorrow (well, at midnight today) too.

1 Like

The UK have started a lockdown since yesterday. Unless I go to buy food or pick up medication, I am fined for leaving my house… (for 3 weeks)

1 Like

Expect more than three weeks Felix…

1 Like

Oh I am lol

1 Like

Over here (The Netherlands) they came up with an “Intelligent Lockdown”, where you are able to go and about as you wish but are strongly advised only to go outside if needed and you will be fined if you are outside with more than three people within 1.5 meters of each other. Hope it’ll be enough.
The prime minister has been acting like an angry teacher talking to it’s class for the last week since a lot of people just ignore warnings and carry on as usual, let’s see if the fines can get them to see reason.

1 Like

And all of those people are dumbfucks (just my opinion)

4 Likes

Yeah some people in Quebec did not understand either so there’s the “real” lockdown now. Prime Minister of Canada also said “we also got the Quarantine Act”.

If you look at the Quarantine Act:

Offence committed intentionally
67 (1) Every person is guilty of an offence if they cause a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person while wilfully or recklessly contravening this Act or the regulations.
Punishment
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is liable
(a) on conviction on indictment, to a fine of not more than $1,000,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than three years, or to both; and
(b) on summary conviction, to a fine of not more than $300,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.
Continuing offence
75 If an offence under this Act is continued on more than one day, the person who committed it is liable to be convicted for a separate offence for each day on which it is continued.

Take that, Russia! :sweat_smile: lol.

Related:

f5c3a95d1cf7e03389810f45c4018a1f.0

1 Like

Oh damn those are some strong punishments. Well to be honest I don’t think it’s a bad idea. At first I too thought this would just pass and probably not be that serious over here, but I think there are enough examples now that this is a bigger problem than most people think. I’m just kinda annoyed that going to the supermarket got way more difficult now because people couldn’t stop themselves from having a day-trip to the beach or the park.