Integrated amp recommendations

The W4S Recovery appears to have fixed the noise issue so thanks Wesley for the great advice.
In terms of changing any aspect of the sound quality other than removing the scratchy high frequency noise- I don’t hear much change.
But wow- removing the Topping DAC was a game changer. There’s a massive difference in output- 20dB or more. The sub is getting 70Hz and below and the speakers getting 50Hz and above. All 5 speakers have much higher output now- not sure why the output from the Topping was so different but it was. SQ-wise I’m not hearing a major difference aside from cleaner lows and mids thanks to the bass management. Played around with the parametic eq and see that it’s very effective with subtle or huge tweaks but left it flat for til I get some more listening time in. Oh yeah- added a little delay to the sub since it sits further back in the room. Love that I could do that.
So the thread has changed to “Mini DSP and W4S Recovery to the Rescue”. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Willem Glad to hear the recovery device is working for you. I have one coming as well, should be here tomorrow. From what I have read so far the most noticeable improvement is more defined bass response. We’ll see. Looking forward to testing it.

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing how you like it. It cleaned up the signal from my pc. I don’t know why there was no significant sq improvement- maybe because it’s a pretty solid pc the signal was good to start with.
The Mini DSP 2x4HD was a game changer. I love the parametric eq and crossover functions. Haven’t touched the compression settings yet- something else I need to study up on.

1 Like