Intergrated amps

What does hifiguides think about intergrated amps, any good ones under $1000.00 ? particularly the mass produced brands D/M yamaha pioneer etc.? These stereo amps class AB ? can you go through computer hdmi-tv-optical-intergrated amp or is it better to go computer USB-DAC-RCA amp CD imput (pure direct feature yamaha ). I like to have foobar on a wall mounted TV while listening to stereo. Thanks for any reply.

I think there are a good number of options depending on what you want to prioritize, headphones vs speakers and what I/O options you need. Examples would be Denon PMA600ne, PS Audio Sprout 100, Peachtree Decco 125, NAD 3020 mk2 or 3045

1 Like

Straight stereo but like to use my laptop connected to a second display with a turntable and 1st headphone at some point . Nothing fancy, prefer to get all from amazon. $600 neutral speakers cheap 10in sub. If i get that denon should i use a external DAC ? Im coming from an AVR.

If you have a good DAC already, it wouldn’t hurt, though I think the internal DAC is decent. Haven’t actually heard those listed, but gathered ones I recalled from past research.

1 Like

I think the PS Audio Sprout may have what you’re looking for. And they do 30 day 100% money back no questions asked.

1 Like

This is like audiophile class D ? I kinda want to go old man hifi class AB ZZ-top streetrod, the sprout seems like its a 2021 porsche all electric 911 ? If that makes sense, im a rookie at HIFI stereo. What really like to get is something like that yamaha A-S220SL with the analog VU meters, jeebus $3999 !

1 Like

Fair enough. Ton of integrateds out there to choose from.

1 Like

Thanks man. Just thought of something im doing it wrong if i dont get speakers that can do full range. Could i get away with bookselves playing orchestra ? Im i on the right track.

Orchestra is pretty dynamic and “full range”. If you can do floorstanders it would be better. I would look for something on the sensitive side (90+ db) or you will need a lot of power to get good dynamics. Def get your speakers sorted out first before looking for an amp because the speakers will dictate what an amp needs to do.

1 Like

Damn it ! thanks man. I shouldve stuck to gardening.

Cadillac :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Get it.    

(Chuckle) thing cost more than my entire HT.

Since you’re going over budget, might as well get one of these.

1 Like

They throw the entire parts bin into that luxman and its glorious. :grin:

Shifting gears a bit sound artist any good ?

Come on, Looks like a damn holley dominator !

ft02-03-Fully-Balanced-Circuitry-from-Input-to-Speaker-Out_480x480_cf5f56e99e431a499561874ca6bc6bd2

It does look nice. Just buy it and be done with it. You obviously want to lol.

1 Like

Never thought HVAC parts could look so sexy.

1 Like

That’s a sexy bastard for sure.

1 Like

Go AB… Class D isn’t qite there yet.

Denon 1600