Introduction and quick opinion

OK, long time lurker first time caller, been out of the game a little while, normally use LCDX-2021 at my desk, AirPods Pro for out and about, speakers when family life allows. Lately I’ve been missing something higher quality than the AirPods with more isolation (to cut out the sound of the rest of the house) than the LCD, I’ve got some cheaper IEM’s left from my last foray into the hobby but they’re really showing their limitations now (KZzs10 pro, ZS5, quarks, some Sony offerings) I’ve had aria snow, olinas, B2d, fh3 (didn’t keep them long, can’t remember what I didn’t like but they went straight back to beezos) and loads and loads of cheaper stuff from filo, kz etc

Ive got some s12 in the house and some OH10 on the way, I’m really looking for a v shape, good details and powerful low end, listening to a lot of electronic music at the moment via mojo2, the s12 are shockingly good for £130, no real complaints except slight quirks with the tonality, mainly the timbre from the planar, compared to the LCD its quite metallic, and can be a tiny bit shouty, but, I love the visceral attack!

What’s everyone think of the OH10 vs s12 ?

I don’t want to spend more than £150 as I will probably save for something better in the new year if I use them as often as I think I will

cheers folks

2 Likes

You should consider TANGZU Zetian Wu
I am listening to electronic music right now and love its low end :man_dancing:t2:
So far it seems like a perfect Allrounder and at its price point it’s a no brainer :man_zombie:

3 Likes

Welcome man!

I had adored s12 and keeping it as a baseline for 0-250 planar iems. I had a 3 planar comparison and s12 was my champ :slight_smile:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/mobileaudiophile/permalink/1204833166944529/

1 Like