Is Edifier T5 worth it for R1280DBs / Any alternatives?

I just checked and I don’t think that’s a sub coax out, I’m pretty sure it’s a coax in

Was you looking to the 1280DBs? I think the DB doesn’t have a sub-out, while the DBs has it.

The “s” is confusing, yeah

1 Like

Oh i thought the s was a plural thing, not part of the name

Yeah, I thought so. Confusing branding 101

1 Like

the sub out is 3.5mm, and the coax is an imput

R1280DBs bookshelf speakers - Edifier USA (edifier-online.com)

I see. Don’t know how that would connect to the Mivoc tho. Guess just bare wire on the other end…

3.5mm to rca cable

I’m blind, yeah, there’s RCA on the Mivoc. I was looking just to the bottom portion with the sockets for speaker wires.

1 Like

Well, thanks for help. I will consider the Mivoc, but have to do some research first so I don’t buy some cheap trash.

no problem, I am blind too, can’t see my own damn eyelids sometimes when they’re closed I swear

AmazonSmile: UGREEN 3.5mm to 2RCA Male Cable Audio Adapter RCA Auxiliary Hi-Fi Sound Shielded Stereo Flexible RCA Y Splitter Cable Cord Metal Shell Compatible with Smartphone Speakers Tablet HDTV MP3 Player 6FT : Electronics

you can use this, sized properly for your use case

selling your speakers and buying these instead is also an option:

Edifier S351DB 2.1 Active Boxes Bluetooth Black : Amazon.de: Electronics & Photo

Edifier S350DB Speaker System, Home Entertainment Shelf Speaker and Subwoofer 2.1, with Bluetooth V4.0 aptX in Wood/Black : Amazon.de: Electronics & Photo

I think I have some RCA to 3.5mm laying around. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

I edited my previous comment if you didn’t notice

Well, I wouldn’t help myself much by doing that. The sub is probably the T5 and selling the speakers would be a hassle anyway. Price wise, it would be also very close.

Would you take the T5 or the Mivoc if the price and standby problem weren’t taken into consideration?

the sub most likely just turns on and off with the speakers, it does give an option to just bail on pairing a sub with your speakers and upgrading everything for the same price anyways

Still the mavoc, as the t5 gives out and chuffs on bass notes around and lower than 30hz, but the t5 probably sounds slightly cleaner and probably matches your speakers better

Well, it looks like the T5 and I would be rather surprised if it wasn’t working the very same way it would if I just bought the T5 for my setup.

i’ll look into it

1 Like

Alright, thx

1 Like

I did a quick search in the Q/A and review section and nothing about the sub

The website says this though, albeit nothing about a switch:

“Receive deep satisfaction from the rumbling lows from the S350DB when the 8-inch subwoofer is activated during playback. Movies, music, and games come to life when you have this subwoofer attached.”