Is it just me who appreciates this?

Is it just me who appreciates this?

I keep thinking more and more about whether I should renew and modify my audio equipment and I usually come to the same conclusion.
Yes.

In iems I appreciate more real resolution, more sonic precision, some play my prtf better…
Soundstage? No shit. The Olina is a more expanded iem on stage than my Edxs.

Do I have a problem, does anyone else appreciate this?

1 Like

almost everyone is a suffering addict looking for their new hit and accompanying high. you are not alone… :wink:

3 Likes

I haven’t even looked into how to modify equipment yet. I’m still in the "buy everything " phase. I think i bought 35 iems and 3 headphones since November. Today was the IER-Z1R. I guess modding is the next step… hopefully a little cheaper. Its just so addictive!

3 Likes

Somebody’s going to have a hell of an IEM virtual yard sale in the spring … :slight_smile:

Good on ya, man! Enjoy the journey.

I’m very content with my Yanyin Canon and I’m just here for y’all’s content!

1 Like

I probably will have a sale in the spring. The more i listen and fine-tune my preferences , Im gavitating away from certain iems in my collection. Right now im really enjoying the Symphonium Helios listening to KGWL.

1 Like

Since I started playing music as a kid everyone always complained about GAS and I could chuckle as much as I want until someone with really bad “gas” explained it’s the relatable trait of “Gear Acquisition Syndrome”. Perhaps you’re suffering from a bit of GAS yourself? Haha, feel free to reuse the (dad) joke.

2 Likes

I don’t understand anything!!! Lol

So true. I definitely have GAS. I’m enjoying it, though. I’ve had some iems , and some full headphones (he1000 v2) I haven’t really listened to yet. I’m planning on starting on the lower cost transducers and moving my way up to hopefully train my ear. My wife is starting to call me an audio nerd! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t suffer from GAS as I’m too freaken broke…but I have been corrupted by totl gear so I dream…

2 Likes

Significant others always take some time to adjust to our GAS…It impacts them too you know…abandoning the joke before any further dad-ery. Are the Helios your new endgame pair of IEMs? Every try the Meteors or any other Symphonium?

1 Like

I just got the Meteors today and am really enjoying them so far. They came along with the Hexas and FiiO FH15. It’ll be a busy weekend for me playing with new gear. So far my wife is happy I just have a hobby. That way she can read without me constantly bothering her. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL LOL :rofl::+1:

3 Likes

Space takes many forms in healthy relationships haha, glad to hear the hobby brings yourself some joy! The Meteors were my favorite IEMs from Symphonium thus far so good to hear that’s a weapon in your arsenal now.

2 Likes