Is The 7hz Timeless a huge upgrade over the WF-1000XM3?

The TIMELESS arrived yesterday, i am still testing it. But yes, it is a nocieable improvement over the XM3.

I didn’t make the Sony’s obsolete for me, and I can still see myself using it now and then. It’s not an abysmal difference, but, enough to make me keep the timeless.

Overall, the Timeless is more detailed, better separation, better treble extension. The bass is much more controlled, and has similar punch and impact. Soundstage is a bit better aswel. I should point out that the sound improve with a proper DAC/AMP.

Tonally it is really good, but I found it a bit bright and a tiny bit sibilant, not enough to bother me though.

It didn’t make my jaw drop, but I really enjoyed music on them, overall a great IEM, and great value.

One last note is comfort. I can wear it for about 2 hours before my ear canals start to ache a bit. My ears are REALLY small though. So o think it won’t be a problem for most since it comes with a wide selection of tips. To me, the best sounding ones are the black silicon and the Stock tips.

2 Likes

Try different tips, other than original included as good tips makes tuning even better solving all sibilance or other problems ( if someone thinks there are some. ) Spinfit or similar caliber.

I have pretty limited iem experience, but I’ve mostly tried tws (xm3,momentum 2, oluv earfuns and nekocake) and I feel sound wise my only wired iem (blon bl03 $25) is an upgrade over all of them…

2 Likes