Is there any internal difference with the different modi options?

This is a pretty silly question but i was wondering if the different ac adapter that comes with it makes any difference.

For some reason, to me, the Schiit Modi on the website only has the american plug option of 100-240vac
while i live in eu which needs the 230 vac.

I was wondering if there was any internal difference other than the actual ac adapter
that would fry my modi if i would put it into my wall outlet.

and if there isnt, can you even buy the same spec ac adapters from 3rd party?

Their website shows 230VAC Euro, 230VAC UK & 230VAC Australia as options.

Edit. I now see what you mean. Once you select the Unit, the power options go away. They are pretty good at responding to email inquires. Maybe it’s just a glitch on the web site.

sorry for the late answer i made my acc today so it gave me the
too many replys prompt.

anyways, i wrote an email to them
theye answered really fast
and…
IT, WAS . AN . ACTUAL. PERSON

sorry but thats so rare

anyways, it seems like the plugs are universal and wont fry my house or amp.
that beeing said, i do need to use an adapter then
do you perhaps know if you can just use a third party adapter?
not that it matters really but still

The price of the adaptor is included in the unit. I don’t know if they would deduct that price and not ship one. I’d definitely use their adaptor for warranty reasons.

alright, no im sure theyre gonna include the adapter regardless, was just curious if thered be a third party europlug vers. but since the plug works anyways without running through a volt changer its fine if i just use an adapter. it just doesnt look very good thats all there is to it.

FWIW, I found that the coax sounded better than the toslink.

It’s a good product and a good Company. Their FAQ on their website about their hybrid tube amp, Vali 2, is funny as can be. It’s refreshing to see a Company be so open and honest about their product(s).

Stack your Schiit high and proud!

oh god 600 bucks

The Modi is a wonderful DAC. A good DAC is important, but the AMP and Speakers/Headphone/IEM are FAR more important. You won’t be disappointed.

Yeah that’s not a DAC for someone that wants to dip their toes into the hobby XD
If your motherboard has a good isolation for its audio part you’ll only need a decent amp to start your journey for most of the HP out there
A dedicated DAC comes into play when you’ll want to get the maximum out of your HP ^^

1 Like