It's ok to not spend a lot of money for audio once in a while

The title says it all and I think we can all agree with this one. I have decided to take a break for a bit in purchasing high-fidelity audio due to many factors that let’s just say I would rather keep to myself and they are much more important to pay attention to right now. I am not saying that I will be quitting on this hobby permanently, it’s just that, I want a change of scenery once in a while, like spend my money on something else that can tender to my needs or satisfy my other hobbies that I have.

Also it’s kind of crazy for me to quit on this type of hobby, for this is the one who made me love listening to music even more even though I love listening to music in the first place, therefore this hobby of me seeking the highest echelon of audio fidelity will never be gone, it’s just, on hold right now, for I want other stuff to get and yes, this type of addictive spending can be hard to overcome but I will try to do so for my other hobbies need love.

9 Likes

I totally get that. It is easy to become obsessed in any hobby, or particular passion. It is good to step back once in a while and shift focus. It helps to clear the head and prevent burnout out as well as expanding your interests, which is a good thing, nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

You can find a happy place in mid-fi and just relax for a while.
That is what I am doing. Actually I want to move a fair bit of stuff this fall. I will not stop buying, but I am getting pretty content these days. :grin:

2 Likes

1 Like

Cycles of time.
Have noticed this many times. Sometimes it’s home audio or home theater, sometimes it’s car audio. Might even be gaming hardware or car’s.
Might even be home related stuff or clothing or traveling and so on.

Also when reaching a high / reference levels. The upgrade “addiction” might stop and you actually listen to music. ah the joy.
You still can listen and enjoy music with what you now have. There is no need to quit listening music.

1 Like

It’s fine, I never thought of myself as a person of giving satisfaction anyway. Being a disappointment? yeah it’s not far from that definition.

I was joking with you. Spend your money on what you want. We’ll forgive you for taking a break from our hobby for a while.

3 Likes

That’s just good common sense from my pov. Unless you have the kind of income to burn it’s just being wise imo to shift around your interest as you see fit. I always put a stop to my other hobbies in order to have the money and time for the other.
I need to get my computers upgraded so after I get a working 2 ch I’m moving to get that done. Hopefully GPU’s are affordable by then lol.

4 Likes

Self-deprecating humor most of the time does not work, no worries though because I knew it was a joke from the get go. Thanks for the support.

1 Like

Yep same here with computers, I need mine’s motherboard for replacement to have more headroom for upgrades and long-term money being saved. Also the current one I am using is going to be given to my little brother who is in need of a new motherboard, and an upgrade since he still uses a freaking Haswell build like sheesh.

1 Like

Ivy bridge and FM 2 here lol.

1 Like

Moderation is key (but not easy). Enjoy listening to music with what you have and it will feel good.

2 Likes

Yep that is on every little thing that we take fun on and it can be hard to be moderate at times.

Wish it can be that easy on what I have right now, since it’s not that easy due to many of the awesome folks here recommending great stuff for audio xD

My take on it is that even if i don’t spend money on audio gear every month, i don’t really quit or put the hobby on pause. I still look at reviews on gear i can potential upgrade my current setup with, i still try to keep updated on the products that matters to me, and most importantly, i still listen to music every day (even though some days, all i can get time for is to listen to music in my car commuting to and from work).

Audio is an expensive hobby, and even though i am far from poor, i do have to prioritize and budget my money for “none essentials” like audio gear, computer stuff, and other hobbies. And, for most part, even if i could, i will not allow my self to buy new equipment (audio or computer) too often, as i do feel i really have to justify using money instead of growing my savings account :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, I mean right now I am still listening to music to this day and it is a common thing for me to keep my day going or at least make it a bit tolerable since not all days can go at your way, and listening to music is a good way to make it less horrible.

As of now I am saving up since I am planning to get the Mangird Teas really soon, and of course I was able to get the other stuff that I needed that are important for me at least to get first before spending some hard-earned money for audio.

1 Like

Aaaaaayyyy, same brother!

@Resolution @nymz

3 Likes

Yeah I blame those 2 for convincing me so hard to get the Teas xD. Cool guys though, they know their stuff for I am not exactly as knowledgeable to audio as the other guys here, for I am still at best a rookie or at least know some stuff about it.

3 Likes

You rang?

4 Likes

I have enough of Teas pics in my image library :joy:

3 Likes

Goddamn they look beautiful, imo. Also don’t get me too…

To get them as soon as I can, it will be the death of me.

2 Likes