Japanese Music Thread

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

I did a quick scan of the thread, but didn’t see anyone else post this. And it’s a good one.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Band-maid finished their west coast appearences now heading east to limited cities ending in NYC i believe. Video/audio is poor. this wave of all-female metal bands live.

4 Likes

Babymetal

3 Likes

This show was a lot of fun live. This sort of thing is quite the event over in Japan. The opening translated well into video form.

This next one is pretty good too, it’s from 2 years later, maintains the same energy as the last music. Has a couple of bass hits I thought were quite impressive on my Argon MK3’s. The intro in this is a bit long so I timestamped this one to the start of the actual song. Hopefully the timestamp works. If not, start at 2 minutes 6 seconds in.

These live versions I feel are the best versions of the songs, i tried to dig up FLAC’s for it, but the FLAC versions lack the energy that came from the live performance. There’s something about a crowd of hundreds or thousands of people cheering, and the sounds echoing around the theater, that was lost in the other versions of this music.

2 Likes

Yeah I also like the live versions more for many songs. If you want better quality, the Bluray rips are lossless. That particular Baby maniacs performance is from Magical Mirai 2016. If you don’t feel like importing a bunch of blurays, downloads are available on NYAA

My favorite from Mirai 2021 is the finale, Creation Myth by Cosmo@bosuP

ps damn YT compression sucks for this kind of video

3 Likes

Thank you! I had forgotten about Nyaa when I was looking about. =)

1 Like

Sorry if posted already. Fan cam quality but still powerful.

1 Like