JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

I will post some of my thoughts on IEM soon. I won’t make my own thread soon, because I like to spam and troll, that’s just how I am. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

The safe Harman-neutral tuning at budget prices is so played out. If you want to try a different tuning, grab the KBear Storm. It’s a more neutral OH10. Very pleasant tuning

1 Like

Hola… XD

I’m going to keep using this joke until it gets old, which is never :slight_smile: and I’ll check out the storm :+1:

2 Likes

I should say it’s more balanced in tuning. Less bright. But certainly not neutral

1 Like

Bro idk about this LOL

Zero was already getting hot for me at higher volumes - this might just kill me

Honestly, Rosefinch looks pretty solid

1 Like

Rosefinch and Storm are different tools: Rosefinch is the bass monster. Storm is a diffuse-field tune. Like OH10

The cut between 5-8k makes Storm a smoother listen than OH10 which is brighter and a little intense. So at $17 you get a more balanced (tuned) OH10? Yeah, that’s worth a shout

2 Likes

Been waiting for you to make your own thread :sunglasses::handshake:

1 Like

I really would not call the OH10 a DF tuned iem.

2 Likes

I will at least make the argument if they aren’t, they sure is cosplaying like it, boosted below 500Hz for balance.

1 Like

Hmmm I do still have some hana filters left so I can probably mod the Storm. Just hope it’d fit the nozzle unlike the Hexa…

@domq422 Hola brotha, and welcome :sunglasses:

Ya it’s pretty close to df, maybe a little too much dips, but eh.

Just try it first, before you give up on it. If it does nothing for you then rock out with your Hanas.

1 Like

Wash Hands Wash Your Hands GIF - Wash Hands Wash Your Hands Hand Washing - Discover & Share GIFs

LOL jk. I’ll give it a try :+1:

1 Like

YAY! Be weird with me! :grin: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Only the weirdest GIFs

Japanese commercials are lit

2 Likes

Any country that has used panty dispensers on their streets is capable of anything.

There is no low Japan won’t sink to, including pleasuring women with nose bananas

2 Likes

Lemme sliiiiiiiiide in here really quick.

Try the KBear Storm. They’re no joke. Life got in the way and I haven’t been able to write anything about them unfortunately - but I found them punching way above $17. They’re worth a shot.

4 Likes

I’ve found my enablers. I look forward to future enabling :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

I dig through the repetitious and flat out awful, so you don’t have to. I’m trying to bring the bangers!

Wait till I develop an actual “Upgrade Tree” for all this work in the sub-$100 I’m doing

2 Likes

Hang around Brandon a little longer and you’ll quickly find out the meaning of the phrase “never meet your heros” . This dude pulls out sub $20 sets out of the wood works and they actually have such similar FRs to significantly more expensive IEMs it’s scary / case-in-point = OH10 & Storm.

There are others too that he’s shown me, too many to count. I assume he’s been working on that Manhattan project, dropping those comparisons like a bomb one day, but we shall see. I shall be patient :clown_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for your hardwork :ok_hand: and looking forward to that list man.

@domq422 “Big audio companies HATE this guy” :joy: I will be patient with you, but meanwhile looking forward to the Rosefinch and Storm!

2 Likes