JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Ya my 10/DD endgame is about to come out next month :joy:

7 Likes

That too at $120

1 Like

Name it DecaQuattro :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I can echo these findings. My pair of akg n5005s need to be barely inserted into my ears to sound correct. I can feel them close up as I push them deeper in my ear.

2 Likes

Ya I find it with certain shallow fit IEMs (dark magician for example) if you shove it deep it changes the sound entirely, making it not “special” anymore

1 Like

Hey guys, looking for Reviewers for my upcoming collab :slight_smile: Limited review units so will most likely be using tour groups, but if you’re interested please PM me ^^

17 Likes

It was the opposite with the NCM Bella which was a $1000 offering from NCM Vietnam. A deeper insertion made the iem sound like it was intended to.

1 Like

PMed. Wink wink, nudge nudge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

9 Likes

Welcome back!

8 Likes

yesir we back for the grind

7 Likes

Excited for you davinci review :fire:

2 Likes

@SushiiFi thank you thank you, so far the Davinci is… good, maybe because I came in expecting a lot due to the hype, but it’s more of a warm leaning set, the attack of the bass feels softer and the impact is not as hard as I imagined, based off my unit I’m not hearing the “super bassy” sound everyone is talking about (maybe my unit has less bass?)

Crimson on the otherhand is lit tho, the treble is just as fun as I remembered, and so is the attack/texture in the mid-bass (haven’t tried the Explorer yet)

Explorer:

Davinci:

Crimson

6 Likes

While this is the first time I have seen someone using a blue background for their graphs. PLEASE let this be the last time, the contrast is giving me cancer :joy:

3 Likes

Back away from the screen old man :rofl: or turn down the brightness on the monitor before you blind yourself

IMG_1643

May be a bit partial seeing I helped out but, I think it looks pretty awesome. Seeing you said it was the first to do so also means it’s unique from the others. It’s got an old school 16 Bit Sega type vibe. No hard feelings though to each their own. Definitely stands out from the others.

9 Likes

I love the look actually.

One feedback: the plus signs when picking different samples are not next to each sample but grouped at the bottom.

7 Likes

Thanks for the catch I’ll take a look at it in the coming days

6 Likes

:eyes:

9 Likes

Hahahha. Looks like i was right lol.
He post a spoiler back then and the shell shape, the font of the serial number looks so much like Ziigaat’s lol.
Congrats Jay

3 Likes

I find the bass to be on slower side, my unit has more extension in treble than your unit. But attact seems to be good on my unit. Maybe you’re unit has less bass as timmy mentioned in his video 5 way crossover at this price have manufacturing difficulties.
If you have time this is my written review of davinci - dunu davinci written review - Google Docs

I reviewed Crimson on my channel as well, man it’s fun. The bass is the most unique part for me. The best BA bass i have ever heard, it has textures and rumble of a dd and speed of a BA.

I tried explored, it’s bassy and laid-back. Bass texture and dynamics are good only issue is treble extension for me.

And just saw the graph of your collab, man it looks solid. Congratulations on your first collab :fire::handshake:

2 Likes