JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Finally tried the 61T and well…this is not meh…this is bad…the timbre is very unnatural here…
Best part is the bass but even then it is meh to me.

7 Likes

Me looking for the vocals on the 61t:
John Travolta GIF - John Travolta - Discover & Share GIFs
Remind me why these were hyped again? :joy:

7 Likes

The vocal quantity is fine for me and my hrtf at least.
The timbre makes me cry though…even the quintet with 4 different driver types sounds more coherent and more natural.

Yes this is me right now, kinda pissed despite not paying a dime for it…

2 Likes

Same I was lucky to get it on loan lol

The vocal timbre was the biggest turnoff for me, good thing I have the Oracles next to me to clean my ears

2 Likes

The timbre is affecting the whole range tbh and is also why the coherency aint too bad lol. (cuz if u only had a noticeable BA timbre in the mids, THAT is incoherency.)
(vocals are the most noticeably with the timbre issue though)

2 Likes

So the 61t is like another cklvx d41? You either love it or hate it? Who is one to believe with all this division :joy:

nah cklvx is better tuning wise, I liked that set, one of my favs under $200 - 61t tho? idk man

3 Likes

well, here i was under the impression that the 61T was their best/flagship set lol. Not gonna name names but the hype on it is…

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on the cklvx. Def interested in it just reserved after some reviews and even one saying the kz castor was a better set.

1 Like

Lots of hype that gets easily deflated by big time reviewers. Iems are a crazy expensive hobby especially if you can’t demo them.

3 Likes

61t? I feel ya. I get just as irked paid or free no :billed_cap:
Feeling like folks chose a relationship with a person in China over their fellow hobbiest sukz.
My 61t doesn’t even graph like any of the others so I’m giving it to a member on here.

On a related note

7 Likes

LOL, ok that’s bad
mine was ok:

word
they know who they are :eyes:

6 Likes

The way you describe the sound of the 61T doesn’t quite match my experience. It almost feels like we’re talking about different IEMs. I respect your opinion and believe you and others of course 100%, but I’m just surprised. My set has a bit of bass bleed and large nozzles, but otherwise, I don’t have any complaints. I also own the SM4, Quintet and Orchestra Lite, and I find their timbre a bit off, especially the Quintet. But the timbre of the 61T is not like that. For me, the 61T has great bass, vocals on my set are nicely balanced, not recessed, and it sounds very detailed. Did you happen to measure yours?

2 Likes

Might be a coupler difference. I wouldn’t trust any measurements with a clone 711 above 8kHz at most without also double-checking with a sine sweep.

1 Like

My DYNAQUATTRO also looks and sounds great, 61T measures and sounds great as well.

Someone has bad Karma!
I would ask for a replacement set for both.

Maybe coupler or user error?

2 Likes

They do know who they are.

3 Likes

Aye simps be like needing…

Bitty Boi’s :smile:

7 Likes

The Quintet has a bit better timbre than the 61T to me but they are the most similar I tried.

Not yet, I measure it when im done.

3 Likes

Oracle gang:

8 Likes

A worthy upgrade over the OG for you?
Not sure about that scoop in the upper mids does it make vocals sound a bit recessed?

1 Like