JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Come on let’s be honest (I thought you were just bantering)… UK is awful for mispronouncing foreign names - we usually just throw an “io” on the end of a word and think that’s ok.

I mean we have essentially renamed an island in Spain
It’s IBIZA not IBEEFA :joy:

5 Likes

Shame. Bulgaria is an amazing country (I worked in Razgrad last year) and to hear the locals explain the differences between Bulgarian and Russian is really neat, a bit like the relationship between [European] Spanish and Portuguese. Some broad compatibility but a lot of mismatches on basic terms.

6 Likes

100% visited Sofia a few times when I was younger. Really beautiful place. Would love to see how it has changed as has been over a decade now. @SoundEater where are you based in Bulgaria?

Russian dialect is all about the subtleties so it is super challenging to get that true comprehension of what meaning is really being conveyed. So many layers and shorthand. Why Russian novel translations are so challenging in English.

The issues with that type of similarity is that it makes learning the new language hard as you try to revert instinctively. I have this issue more with Italian & Spanish on a word by word basis as the manner of speaking is somewhat similar. Portuguese requires a different rhythm of thought almost (I don’t get as caught up with word by word similarity but more I will catch myself slipping and just randomly speaking whole sentences in Spanish instead which is worse if I am honest) - it’s cadence for me is the thing that really sticks out and is further from what you see when comparing SA Spanish, Mexican or European Spanish. I think there is also an exaggerated effect on my part as my basis in European Spanish is Andalucian and Portuguese is Carioca - both regional and somewhat lazy versions - though never tell that to someone from there.

5 Likes

In Plovdiv. BTW The oldest European city

:wink:

8 Likes

It’s alright guys I’m not beating the allegations when it comes to pronouncing different language names :rofl:

7 Likes

Tuareg are from Northern Africa/Sahara region. You can check out their music with bands like Tinariwen and Terakaft.

4 Likes

Great bands.

Also check out Mdou Moctar, a Tuareg based in Niger. His guitar playing and band will melt your damn mind.

5 Likes

Completely right, thank you.

And I love Tinariwen.

4 Likes

Remember the Dolce?! I remember the dolce :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Dolce, Aria, now CANTA

Probably more to come so stay tuned folks! :smiley:

3 Likes

but the DolCHHH is legendary, bro, if you dropped it on us now it would still make me laugh :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec.

If you want some fun, I discovered this band recently

3 Likes

Thanks for all the random suggestions for some tunes!
Looks like I’ll have plenty of new stuff to listen to this weekend…

With the Estrellas

2 Likes

I think I recall Jaytiss calling them the “Del-ee-CHEE” in his review. :slight_smile:

Nobody’s perfect! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec!

Listen to this entire set by Mdou Moctar and prepare to get your mind blown: https://youtu.be/52CZVfiiMpY?si=j6HMN4A08xTITwS4

1 Like

My Estrella Written Review is out, please check it out

14 Likes

Thank you for the dope review man :pray: Glad you’re digging them

6 Likes

AFUL CANTOR:

THE NOZZLE IS SCARY YA’LL :skull:

super smooth so far :ok_hand:

11 Likes

HISENIOR MEGA5EST BASS:

10 Likes

KIWIEARS KE4: