JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

No f’n way dude…. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Bruh. This shit with Elysian and you CANNOT be made up. I cannot wait for this inevitable video on the tube. This is pure gold and I am so sorry this is all on your expense, Jay, you can’t write this shit :joy:

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Every great series needs a sequel amirite… luckily I didn’t buy it this time :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You failed to dodge the first bullet my guy, got lucky with the 2nd one no doubt :handshake::handshake:

4 Likes

Neo vibes

5 Likes

Like Michael Scott says:

Fool me once - strike one.

Fool me twice - strike three.

8 Likes

Mike is a man of wisdom (gonna use this in my review LOL)

4 Likes

It’s from this episode (happened to watch it a day or two ago)

2 Likes

Between your Diva and now, your GAEA, you successfully deterred me from wanting to buy a Diva myself in the future. Which pains me, because when I got to demo it that set was just vocal bliss.

Once is chance. Twice is starting to get bad. This really is starting to look like lackluster QC on their part.

What is happening with awful QC in this hobby this year?

4 Likes

moar meme’s, less jibber jabber!!! :wink:

3 Likes

Ya I wanted to give Elysian another chance since the Diva sounds :ok_hand: for vocals. I’m actually still using it right now on the blue setting since it’s got less sub-bass emphasis (which is where most the imbalance is), and the songs that I listen to on it has little to no sub-bass, so I don’t notice it much if at all… but with this GAEA… ya, there’s no saving it let’s just put it that way LOL

1 Like

Fix the scale first. (20 Hz - 20 kHz).
And try to measure it again with the sweep going from 20 Hz - 20 kHz.

But yeah that looks horrible…

1 Like

About the same lol :joy:

Anyways… on a brighter note I’m really digging the EPZ G10. Now one of my new favs along with the Tanch One before the Melody. At first I thought these were at least $100, but dam, around $35USD right now on sale - no brainer. Packaging is great too, and most importantly… NO IMBALANCE :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you happen to have a squig I missed?

If not you can make one with the github method right away.

1 Like

This was our shared database before, but @MMag05 is now retiring from measuring so I’m taking over with the same coupler:

The coupler I’m using right now won’t be used for consistency sakes

6 Likes

aaa ok. must have missed that somewhere.

2 Likes

So I put on some Jazz with the Q5, and yup, these go hard - the sax is crazy, not overly bright but soulful with enough energy balanced out by the warmer low-end - oK EPZ I SEE YOU :eyes:

3 Likes

I like that set some new hybrids from EPZ hitting soon looking forward to them.

2 Likes

I actually prefer the K5 (hybrid) the least now out of the 3. It’s definitely the cleanest with the most clarity, but it may be a bit too clinical - perhaps because of the dip at 500:

1 Like