JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Releasing this IEM really makes no sense. I don’t know who buys this junk?! But a wide world, all kinds of people… :neutral_face:.

1 Like

Agreed. Chifi fans>Apple fans confirmed. I guess it’s not the end of the world since it’s only $20, but still lol.

I guess people just love collecting these things.

5 Likes

Are you part of any FB chi-fi groups? if not, trust me, it’s a fascinating thing to watch honestly. They collect any IEM that comes to market under $50 like it’s candy.

5 Likes

They are the type of people that brands like KZ prey on.

3 Likes

Exactly. If it weren’t for that group of collectors, I reckon KZ would have a hard time moving a large amount of IEMs. However, I can ONLY imagine how many people who actually live in China and Asia as a whole buy these things up. It must be a large #

3 Likes

China has their own market, where stuff that is received well internationally is usually not over there. (they love their “female poison” tuning.)

4 Likes

That’s very true. But I can only assume KZ is fairly popular, no? I’m asking because I genuinely don’t know

3 Likes

Man I need to go and make some videos in Chinese :joy: I’ll get blacklisted asap LOL

@Rikudou_Goku Also what is “female poison”?

2 Likes

Sharp, forward Female vocals. The reason most tunings for the Asian Market emphasize female vocals is because that’s their primary focus, jokingly referred to as “Female Poison”.

6 Likes

@Sonofholhorse = @Rikudou_Goku ??? DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS??? BAN THEM! BAN THEM!

…now back to regular programing. :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol I could never. Also, if we’re the same person, then I’m paying an awful lot for shipping from Sweden for a lark hahaha.

1 Like

cover story for legitimacy… :wink:

2 Likes

Dunno about nowadays, but their old tuning would be hated by the global market by today´s standards but probably loved in China.

oh boy…

Basically, they love elevated pinna gain for the spicy and forward fmeale vocals. There is some history as to why though:

Afaik, its not a joke to them and legit what they call it.

5 Likes

I mean jokingly in the sense that it’s self-deprecating for hobbyists. A good analogy would be “Itasha” culture; while they literally call it ‘painful’, that in no way diminishes their love and dedication to what ignites their passions.
Edit: I could be wrong, but even across language barriers, it’s always come off that way to me.

3 Likes

100% agree with you @VIVIDICI_111 is a G and stays true bby!

5 Likes

Aaa yeah true.

It is pretty funny to see the relatively new people like @VIVIDICI_111 and @GooberBM not knowing about trivia like this. :joy:
Like the Moondrop Kirby foot incident. :rofl:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/xqwr9b/moondrop_why/

One example of a classic “female poison” tuning would be this.

7 Likes

WOWERZS!!! That Kirby boi…Damn is all I can say😳

5 Likes

The Cursed Kirby Blessing 2 shall live eternal, Awkward and Chrome.

7 Likes

It looked SOOOOOO bad

Absolutely, I meant popular in China* my bad. I know KZ is still pretty popular regardless of the past (and continuing) dramas surrounding the brand in the US and EU considering what the forums are telling us.

1 Like