JBL Studio 570 recommendations

Hey everyone!

I caught Z’s video on these last night and pulled the trigger on a pair. Now comes the fun part, buying something to drive these! Would love some recommendations I have two scenarios as to how I would use these, would like to keep the budget under $500. If this is not the proper place to post this apologies.

Scenario 1.
Connect these to my TV (Samsung with hdmi ARC) to replace simple TCL sound bar I currently have. Current main use is light movies/tv lots of music use via Chromecast. I’d like to get a receiver or receiver + amp combo or any other combo that would allow the following:

Must have:

• Volume control directly from the tv so I only need one remote. Important for wife acceptance.
  • Connection for a subwoofer, may purchase down the road
  • Connection for a center channel, may purchase down the road.
  • at least one RCA or Optical in for my Mini disc deck.

Would be nice:

• Bluetooth 5.0 comparability so we can easily throw some music on when the mood strikes. Not as important as we can Chromecast if needed. LDAC capability would be nice.

Cool Guy:

• I currently have all my flac rips on a drive that’s mounted on my network via an Intel Nuc. I have fubar2000 set up to stream it to my phone and tablet. Drive is accessible to all my computer so I can play it locally on any windows machine.
    If I can integrate this setup directly into my library that would awesome! Maybe do a raspberry pie set up?

Scenario 2.

Would use this strictly for music. Requirements:

• See Cool Guy requirement in Scenario 1
  • Be able to throw music on from any music streaming service via phone or tablet.
  • Sub for maximum memes.
  • RCA or Optical in for Mini disc deck

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Well, this is what I ordered today to go with the 570’s I ordered yesterday.

Yamaha RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth
ArcoLinux_2020-11-20_10-28-00

JBL Studio 520CBK 2-Way Dual 4-Inch Center Channel Speaker
ArcoLinux_2020-11-20_10-28-45

Roku Ultra 2020 | Streaming Media Player HD/4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos, Bluetooth Streaming, and Roku Voice Remote with Headphone Jack and Personal Shortcuts, Includes Premium HDMI Cable
ArcoLinux_2020-11-20_10-29-20

1 Like

Very nice! That definitely checks all the boxes for either scenario and Budget!

Little late on a reply but I am also interested in options mainly for my obsessive passion in equipment.
Sony Bravia x800h optical to SMSL m200 dac to rca little bear pre(for safety) to 1986 proton d1200 to high level input on polk psw10" high level out to jbl studio 570s

1 Like