I caught Z’s video on these last night and pulled the trigger on a pair. Now comes the fun part, buying something to drive these! Would love some recommendations I have two scenarios as to how I would use these, would like to keep the budget under $500. If this is not the proper place to post this apologies.
Connect these to my TV (Samsung with hdmi ARC) to replace simple TCL sound bar I currently have. Current main use is light movies/tv lots of music use via Chromecast. I’d like to get a receiver or receiver + amp combo or any other combo that would allow the following:
- Volume control directly from the tv so I only need one remote. Important for wife acceptance.
- Connection for a subwoofer, may purchase down the road
- Connection for a center channel, may purchase down the road.
- at least one RCA or Optical in for my Mini disc deck.
Would be nice:
- Bluetooth 5.0 comparability so we can easily throw some music on when the mood strikes. Not as important as we can Chromecast if needed. LDAC capability would be nice.
- I currently have all my flac rips on a drive that’s mounted on my network via an Intel Nuc. I have fubar2000 set up to stream it to my phone and tablet. Drive is accessible to all my computer so I can play it locally on any windows machine.
If I can integrate this setup directly into my library that would awesome! Maybe do a raspberry pie set up?
Would use this strictly for music. Requirements:
- See Cool Guy requirement in Scenario 1
- Be able to throw music on from any music streaming service via phone or tablet.
- Sub for maximum memes.
- RCA or Optical in for Mini disc deck
Thanks for taking the time to read this!