🔷 JDS Labs EL Amp II

So I just want to share that this amp powers the Fostex TRP50 with zero issue. Tried them with my singxer and the se doest even compare, I would have to go full tilt on the Singxer just to get the volume I like. The EL II isn’t even half way up on the knob.

2 Likes

Looks like JDS released the EL AMP II+ today.

2 Likes

Well I found this forum and i know the EL AMP II is now updated but I did buy one getting into headphone music this year. I purchased a Hihiman Edition X then looked for a amp/dac combo that didnt break the bank and would improve the 3.5mm jack coming out of my MacBook Pro 13 2022 edition. I added to the EL AMP II and EL DAC II and connected them with some nice RCA cables £30. going into the MACBOOK via the USB cable supplied by JDS first into sadly a USB C - A dongle. - RESULT - honestly i can hear a tiny little difference perhaps in clarity and perhaps a slightly wider sound stage. But thats it. I listened to reviews, read a bunch of stuff on improving laptop audio even wen down the audiofile advice of dont get drawn into the marketing hype of marginal gains. So i didnt, but from nothing to £500 i would have expected the continent wide difference people talk about and aparantly experience ??? any advice ? Sorry to be asking and not contributing my first question