Kbear ks2s or Linsoul 7Hz Salnotes Zero

I’m fairly new to getting into audio gear and I’ve had a pair of Kbear Ks2 as my intro into it, unfortunately, they have broken and I’ve been looking for a new pair. I would rebuy the ks2 but many of my friends have reported that the microphone on the stock cable is not the greatest, I was wondering if the salnotes zero was better, if the sound quality was better, or if I should be looking at another pair of IEMS all together for under 30 dollars

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, brother. It seems like you’ve been in the hobby fairly lowkey, using the KS2 and being happy with them, I commend you!

The budget sector is very competitive right now, there are so many IEMs to choose from. I’d like to give you a good rec, but I’d like to get some more info if you don’t mind;

How are you using the IEM? (Gaming I assume if the mic is important)
If you’re listening to music, what genres do you listen to mostly?
What is your budget? Is around $20 your cap or do you have flexibility?

I think with these answers, if not me, someone in the community will be able to give you a hand.

1 Like

I mainly use them for music but I also use them for gaming, I mainly listen to heavy metal/metalcore with some electronic sprinkled in, my budget is around 20 - 30, I have slight flexibility with this depending on what it is

1 Like

Thanks for the details, brother. That sounds good. I’m not the most familiar with Metal type music, but I’d recommend the Truthear Zero 2, I think that’s most likely the safest bet. The Ziigaat Nuo has been getting favorable reviews lately as well although, that’s a slightly less safe bet if I’m just basing it off a graph. I’m sure others will chime in shortly and I’d wait for others to rec some IEMs before you make a decision.

2 Likes

Alright, thank you for your response and friendliness!

2 Likes

Ill def be checking out the Ziigaat Nuo, they look interesting from their page

1 Like

Absolutely, man, anytime! I have a pair of Nuos incoming, they should be here tomorrow hopefully. I can get back to you with some more concrete conclusions then if you’d like.

1 Like

How long have they taken so far to get to you?

This particular pair was bought off my buddy, and he’s in Canada so not the best comparison if you’re buying from AliX. Are you based in the States?

1 Like

Yep, If I choose to buy them I would do it on their website rather than amazon since they’re 5 bucks cheaper

If I were you, brother, just grab em off Amazon. It’s 2 day shipping, unless that $5 is incredibly important of course, I’d understand if it was.

1 Like

Really? only two days, yeah I’d do it off of amazon if I don’t find a pair that suits me better

Yes sir, free 2 day if you have Prime that is, sorry I assumed.

The Zero 2 is also on Prime as well, so that’s something to also consider.

Best of luck, I’ll come back with impressions of the Nuo once I have them. Cheers

1 Like

Alright! cheers

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have either of these. But I got Hidizs MS1-Galaxy & Moondrop Chu II in this 30 dollars price range. Excellent value for the price. May I ask: What’s your budget? & What genres do you listen to? Maybe I can help you out to find one.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response! My price range is around 30 dollars and I listen to mostly heavy metal & metalcore. I’ve gone with the above replies and nabbed the Nuos. But thank you for the reply!

1 Like

Nice, enjoy it!

1 Like

Hey brother, I got the Nuos in. I wanted to give you a quick impression.

I didn’t listen to them for an extended period of time quite yet, I got the Cinnos in at the same time and they’ve been holding onto my attention for now. The fit is strange on the Nuos, I’ll mention that. The shells are extremely small and the nozzles are angled upwards in a very unique way, something I’ve never seen before. It took a little bit to find the right tips to get the fit right.

Outside of that, I’d say they’re fairly inoffensive in their tuning, outside of the early treble/late upper mids. I find it to be a bit too boosted so they can come off as a touch unnatural. A bit positive though is the bass. For $25-$30, id say the bass is quite fantastic. Good physical sense of air being pushed and the overall slam is quite nice. I dig it.

I hope you enjoy them once they come in, make sure to share your thoughts!

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely make sure to leave my thoughts on them when they come in this Saturday. Good to know you like them!

1 Like

salnotes zero user here.
lemme know if you still got any queries.