Khadas Tone vs OL DAC for the Emotiva BasX A-100

I am switching over to a Emotiva BasX A-100 from a Topping MX3 for my desktop speakers and my headphones. I am looking for a good deal on a DAC to feed the Emotiva. I really like the look of the Khadas Tone and the OL DAC and I want to see what everyone thinks about these two. I will be using USB or SPDIF but I’m not married to either one.

So personally I would really suggest going for a topping e30 or smsl sanskrit 10th mk2 as I think currently those are the top dogs in the market atm for the price. The tone board is also still pretty good

4 Likes

I agree with Mon. But if you decide to go with the Khadas here are some cases for it

https://www.amazon.com/Khadas-Generic-XU208-128-QF48-MIPSHigh-Resolution/dp/B07ZYYG7BC/ref%3Dsr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=youyeetoo&qid=1587447815&sr=8-6&th=1

Personally, id look at something like the ifi Zen dac, because it has a pretty decent headphone out also, I have the a100 and I personally wouldn’t recommend it as your only headphone amp.

I would also agree with this, what headphones do you currently have ?

I currently have the HD 6XXs and I’m planning on getting a pair of the Argon MK3s. I know that the A-100 wouldn’t be ideal to have as an only headphone amp, I am most likely going to get another one at some point but I wanted to get something that could power those Argons and my speakers without breaking the bank. I also do have a DarkVoice that I was going to have on the RCA out of the A-100.

I haven’t purchased the Emotiva yet so I would be willing to hear about completely different options all together as well.

Sounds like you are set then, I don’t foresee any issues :+1:

1 Like

Sweet! I’ll most likely be going with the Sanskrit 10th Mk2 in black as my DAC.

1 Like

Nice, solid pick, should be a pretty sweet setup

Now the real question is, where can I buy the Sanskrit where it won’t take a month to get to me…

And I also have a sub for my desktop setup, it’s a Niles SW10 and how I have it setup now is speaker out of my Topping into the speaker input of the sub and then out back to the speakers. Is this a bad setup to keep for when I get my Emotiva or will that be ok to use?

That is a good question lol, I do know there is a topping e30 at apos with pretty quick shipping (that’s where I bought one to try)

But I can’t seem to find a fast shipping smsl 10th mkii

Nope, should work just fine

Topping D10 is also nice just don’t get the Aimpire version.