Klipsch rp 600m good receiver combo

Hello @Martin_Medrano welcome to the forums, take your time to read and learn.
These 2 items in combination will give you the sound and power your require to listen to your RP600’s happily for a long while as you continue to learn and fine tune your tastes. You may be able to find them just a bit cheaper used here in our own Buy/Sell thread if your timing is right.

You will need a USB B cable and a simple amazon RCA cable, along with speaker wire, (use 14 AWG OFC speaker wire )

The Amplifier will also double as a good first headphone amplifier for you in the future. The DAC will do what you need and provide just a bit “better” sound quality than using your computers built in unit and provide you with the connections you need to go from PC>DAC>AMP>speakers.
Happy listening and hope you get many years of joy out of your investments.

Anybody like parasound?

2 Likes

Thank you I’ve already got some speaker cables 12 guage im only looking for an amplifier for the speakers. How could i use the emotiva basx a100 with my phone. I also have a pair of beyerdynamic dt990 pro how well will it drive these. I currently use a Soundblasterx g6 external sound card with my beyers. Could the g6 be paired with the basx a-100. Im also looking at the cambridge audio axa25.

Ok, you asked about the computer. Using a phone is a different story. If you are gonna use a phone i would just bluetooth to a Bludento 5.0 bluetooth DAC And then go direct to the amp. I used that exact combo for a few weeks.
A phone is not an ideal source, and we are trying to keep within your budget for now till you get a better understanding of how many varied ways you can try and reproduce music.

Both solutions i have offered Will basically fall within your Budget and offer fair synergy. With these 2 solutions though you can only have one or the other, PC wired out or cell phone bluetooth wireless in not both.

I’ve settled for the yamaha rx v385. I will see if i can connect my pc through the hdmi and my monitor. You see im a college student so im trying to work with what i already have.

1 Like

also do you know if it is possible to use my phone wired to the receiver with a rca to 3.5 cable. (excluding the pc)

Yes it would work, not ideal by any means but yes it will work.

Ideally you need to plug into an auxiliary input on a multi use receiver or amp Due to certain technical reasons, that i don’t remeber off the top of my head, BUT you can use weird workarounds that work too

what would be a multi use receiver?

Sorry my bad, your yamaha is an AVR receiver, that’s what i meant, an AVR, i used multi -use incorrectly thats not a real term.

1 Like

so what would happen if i connect my desktop’s hdmi out into one of the receivers hdmi inputs and my receivers hdmi output into my monitors input port. will my desktop only send the audio through the hdmi. and the receiver the picture into my monitor.

Honestly, not sure, not a set-up i ever tried in any of my equipment, i’ve never tried to hook up a computer to an AVR, i assume there is an operating manual somwhere online for the yamaha you could look up and see what the various connection options are, or just try it and see what happens? :thinking:

So i pulled up the manual and i can’t find an answer to your questions. Try it and see what happens, or maybe someone smarter than me with computers and AVR’s might come along…
Sorry bro.

1 Like

i also looked up the manual. either way thank you for all your help. i’ll start a new topic with this specific question to see comes along with an answer.

1 Like

Hdmi will duplicate image and sound through arc.

My monitor has 2 hdmi in’s and 1 display port. It doesn’t say if it has arc.

Should get sound/video through the HDMI you could go optical out from the display into the reciever too.

No optical but i can try the hdmi when i buy the receiver. The hdmi inputs of my monitor include hdmi1 1.4 input for 4k 30 and hdmi2 2.0 for 4k60. Do i need a specific hdmi cable.

Get a 4k hdmi cable under 10ft like for $10-$20. Be ready for handshake issues its a pain in the ass when starting up your rig. So hdmi pc into reciever then arc out to monitor hdmi in. Enjoy your 600m’s, might suggest a cheap 10in sub.

I’ll definitely look into some subs. I need a cable around 8ft is there such a thing.