Klipsch rp 600m good receiver combo

Hello im new here and i just purchased a pair of klipsch rp 600m’s I’ve had them for a month and i am looking for a good amp or receiver that i can use with them. I was previously using them with a topping mx3 and i was not satisfied so i returned it. I want to be able to use it with my desktop which has these connections on the back. It does not have an optical out. Any suggestions for a budget of 250 to 300

16043360609804177894309175254127|375x500

Klipsch respond quite well to warmer or tube amps and because of that, you may want to check out the Vista Spark amp. It may barely be above your budget.

How about something from yamaha.

It may work, but you’ll have to do some research on the models. The key trait you are looking for is warm and full. What you experienced with the Topping is thin, cold, and sterile and Klipsch doesn’t sound great with that.

What do you mean by warm and full? I am looking at the yamaha rx v385. Which is inside my budget. But i want some opinions as i am new to this hobby.

A lot of terms can get quite confusing, but let me ask you. What did you not like about your pairing with the Topping? Can you try to describe what you disliked?

Sure. I found that it did not have enough power for the speakers. If i went to a certain level of volume the amp would turn off. I don’t know if it was defective. That’s why im looking at the yamaha rx-v385. I hope you can help me. Did you see the link to the picture of my desktop to see if there is a way to connect it to the receiver.

In my opinion, I don’t think it will pair well with any budget receiver. It will certainly power it just fine, but it won’t sound as sweet as you would like. You may find the sound thin and shouty, especially with that design.

What design?

Klipsch uses a horn-loaded tweeter

I reay like the sound of the speakers.

Would try to get this. Sounds great with mine, nice neutral amp, no V-shape here. Lots of great reviews too.

2 Likes

That’s another great product, but it sounds like OP has a pretty tight budget.

1 Like

How about cambridge audio. I can use my phone instead of my desktop only. which is not a problem.

I don’t have any experience with that pairing. I might have heard it in a sound demo once at a shop, but hardly remember it. Do you have the ability to audition one from a shop for a week before buying or anything?

Im not sure.

How about the cambridge audio AXA25

INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER. Its within my price range.

There is no USB input. You won’t be able to connect it to your PC.

I could connect it to my phone. Or pc through the line out jack.

i looked here in houston texas were i live and the high end shops don’t carry cambridge audio.