Klipsch RP600M upgrade?

What would you rec to a guy who really likes his RP600Ms with Iotavx SA3+PA3 for under two grand? With the lack of space, they would still need to be bookshelf speakers. Don’t really like that “audiophile” sound - too much detail, raised top end, analytical. New ones would need to be fun, dynamic like the Klipsch. If I had more money and space would consider saving up for Forte III / Heresy IV but I am poor and Klipsch is more expensive in Europe anyway.

Was looking at Triangle Genese Trio myself.

Hey can you give me a small paragraph or so about the klipsch sound? i’m considering getting some of those myself lol so i’d like more input on em

2 Likes

I’d take a serious look at this kit from GR Research

2 Likes

I would use words like dynamic, fast, decent bass, fairly neutral. They can get a bit “bright” if you point them directly towards you, but I am quite treble sensitive too. For more soundstage and less treble just point them straight at the room.
I find them very easy to listen to even at low volumes, great with live recordings, very clear even at high volumes. They also shine with movies since all effects sound really big and clear.
The best part is probably the fact that they are horn speakers with great dynamics, but don’t have typical older horn sound, which can be a bit shouty.

1 Like

I have seen that :stuck_out_tongue: Personally I dont have tools, space or skills to do that kinda work. Would probably just end up messing something up :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s fair enough. If I was in your boat it’s the route I’d go. But then again I eat that shit up. You’re right to know when to not bite off more than you can chew. Everything I’ve read about this though says it’s definitely worth the trouble.

1 Like

Would be a fun project though :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe one day, since I am not planning on selling the Klipsch :stuck_out_tongue:

Id pick up the upgrades if it was already on a board and all i had to do was drill the holes/ connect wire to the driver.

(I’ll get it anyway just not right now. )

You may want to go with some warmer speakers, but that 600m price range, you don’t need to spend more on bookshelf speakers. Past that is the law of diminish ing returns, not to mention most people’s hearing limits.

Don’t buy into the whole buying stuff to buy stuff mentality, budget gear is amazing now.

1 Like

Was thinking about Wharfedale Linton`s, nice looking speakers with good qualities

1 Like

Great sounding speakers that doubles for nice funiture. All cake :slightly_smiling_face::+1: tremendous when you can afford both.