Know someone who liked a headphone so much that they stopped buying headphones?

So obviously there are stories, but do you know anyone who did so and DIDN’T look for other headphones afterwards? I want to know if endgame actually existed for anyone, maybe bought a new headphone, loved it, couldn’t imagine anything better and sold all their headphones never looking back?

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of people just buy a decent headphone and call it done.
I haven’t changed my core stereo components in a decade, but that’s not because I think they are perfect, it’s because they became less important in my life.
Hobbies like this tend to attract people who tend towards obsessive behavior, always looking for something “better” or “new”. But not everyone is like that.

5 Likes

Kind of feel like this right now, tbh. I want to buy other headphones, but can’t justify it. I had the notion that I’d end up with a bunch of different headphones but it didn’t go down that way. The aeolus kind of fucked that up. Did not expect pad rolling to change the sound so drastically. Want a dark headphone? Change pads. Fun? Change pads. Neutral? Change pads. :partying_face:

5 Likes

yeh…most people buy something and call it done. or use whatever their phone came with and call it done.

3 Likes

LOL this could NOT be more accurate

1 Like

Oh? Interesting, that’s good to hear for you.

Of course, but I don’t mean most people. I mean someone who has done some chasing around and constantly felt something missing

M0N? Calling M0N? Come in M0N!

I know a fair amount of people who ditched their high end speaker setups for a 600 or 650 and a nice tube amp lol

1 Like

Stereo only works if you have somewhere to put it and it’s convenient enough to use.
That’s why mine gets no real love anymore, no real dedicated listening room, and a 60 minute wait for the tube amps to sound really good.
It’s the reason headphones are appealing to me.
I do miss a good speaker setup though.

3 Likes

I used to be a watch hoarder, now I am a headphones hoarder. In two years time… Who knows…

Hello, my name is David, and I am an addict…

6 Likes

Happy hoarding lol :+1:

2 Likes

While I’m always interested in new driver tech and trying something different, I’m basically sold on my Esp95x. It is a beast and just fits so well with what I was looking for soundwise in a headphone. Hell I basically gave my brother the choice between my dt1990s and my LCD2c + my 58x with his choice(overpayment of a debt so xmas gift). Now earphones are different, that journey continues, please send prayers or money…or iems LOL!

2 Likes

Now you just need to get a pair of 003mk2’s and the portable energizer lol

1 Like

The 003 are actually affordable, but a portable energizer is expensive :frowning: Got a hidden gem thats cheap and I dont know about it?

For portable energizers? I am not sure lol

Actually the Stax SRD-X is a portable battery powered energizer lol

1 Like

I know a guy who did this a couple of times

buys z1r, sells stax
they’re so pretty, I don’t need anything else
time passes
sells z1r for stax

Silly anecdotes aside I know someone who bought aryas and sold just about everything else.

Until he heard closed verites

So imho if endgame does exist, I haven’t heard it yet.

3 Likes

Same lol, if it did exist I would own it by now and be done

2 Likes

But only in the critical-listening category, the rest are still open. (For portable quiet-outdoorsy scenarios I would call the KSC75 endgame for sound, but they’re still wired and fragile, the build could be improved.)