Know someone who liked a headphone so much that they stopped buying headphones?

I used to be a watch hoarder, now I am a headphones hoarder. In two years time… Who knows…

Hello, my name is David, and I am an addict…

6 Likes

Happy hoarding lol :+1:

2 Likes

While I’m always interested in new driver tech and trying something different, I’m basically sold on my Esp95x. It is a beast and just fits so well with what I was looking for soundwise in a headphone. Hell I basically gave my brother the choice between my dt1990s and my LCD2c + my 58x with his choice(overpayment of a debt so xmas gift). Now earphones are different, that journey continues, please send prayers or money…or iems LOL!

2 Likes

Now you just need to get a pair of 003mk2’s and the portable energizer lol

1 Like

The 003 are actually affordable, but a portable energizer is expensive :frowning: Got a hidden gem thats cheap and I dont know about it?

For portable energizers? I am not sure lol

Actually the Stax SRD-X is a portable battery powered energizer lol

1 Like

I know a guy who did this a couple of times

buys z1r, sells stax
they’re so pretty, I don’t need anything else
time passes
sells z1r for stax

Silly anecdotes aside I know someone who bought aryas and sold just about everything else.

Until he heard closed verites

So imho if endgame does exist, I haven’t heard it yet.

3 Likes

Same lol, if it did exist I would own it by now and be done

2 Likes

But only in the critical-listening category, the rest are still open. (For portable quiet-outdoorsy scenarios I would call the KSC75 endgame for sound, but they’re still wired and fragile, the build could be improved.)

Myself. After that i’ve got my Focal Clears every hp sounded lifeless(and not Clear) only found myself liking the Utopia, Emyprean, and Orpheus more than my Clear but they are all out of my budget sadly. Although never tried ZMF or higher end Hifiman :frowning: I’m only looking for headphone amp upgrade.

2 Likes

DMS sold everything and only kept his Focal Elexs…
…but had to sell em after. D’oh.

Someone on SBAF was also considering selling X000$ headphones after getting Verum Ones. They’re definitely “too good for the price”, apparently. Enjoy :slight_smile:

I’m wondering about the Verum 2s, I know they’ll be cheaper… cheaper and too good for the price too? :thinking: :headphones:

Basically me with the Elex, NDH20s, and OH10s currently. Especially Elex.

1 Like

I’m too curious and too new to the hobby to even consider it… I’ve only heard headphones in the sub $200 market though… for now (muahaha)

I have a couple one and done friends though so I know it exists but they’re not really audiophiles

1 Like

For me it was the ESP-95X that sort of stopped my mad search for new craigslist finds.
That and randomly coming across a pair of like-new Grado SR80e for $40 CAD. I used to think that people who actually enjoyed wearing Grados were mad…until I became one of them

4 Likes

Is “in hold” same as “stopped”?
Since haven’t bought headphones since 2017. Pretty good in my mind.
Still keeping a eye out for the Drop Clears though, maybe or maybe.

Idk if that would happen though, although a drop utopia would be pretty interesting lol

I know some people who liked the Koss ESP/95x so much they sort of stopped after that.

1 Like

I’m only considering the T1 as just a total headphone compliment to the 95x. 95x is bae!

1 Like

Guilty as charged. I’ve been into computers since I was 4. EVERYTHING is about starting points, getting toes wet, then always looking for the next big thing to sink money in. Expensive trait but very rewarding.

1 Like