đŸ”¶ KOSS ESP/95x

It did not help, I keep hearing that buzzing when the energizer warms up a bit. I will most likely return it.

That’s unfortunate

Hopefully you get a working unit back than!

2 Likes

I have a few other questions about the pads. Do the Vesper hybrid pads bring down the 1.2kHz peak like the Dekoni fenestrated? By any chance, do you hear any other FR difference between the Vesper and Dekoni pads except the bass region? Only Dekoni has measurements of their pads.

I EQed down the 1.2ish peak and It sounds better down by 2db with the Vesper pads so likely no. I will have to check again sometime for you with the Dekoni ones. Just got some Elex in so it may take me a minute to get to it. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend friends!

5 Likes

Powered mine up again after about two month i guess and its squeeking in the right cup. From what iÂŽve read before that probably means dust on the driver right?

1 Like

Yes, most likely. I didn’t experience that when I reviewed Sheldon’s pair. I would contact KOSS/DROP and see what they can do. That’s why I wanted to touch on that during the review that they are a bit more demanding as far as care than typical headphones. Sorry to hear you are having an issue @Coma

I have them sitting on a headphone stand under a hood for stax headphones
probably not enough
Should start storing them in a sealed box.
Good that you mentioned it in your review!- btw, keep it up, you make quality content :slight_smile:
I will try to carefully blow them out
Will check wiring aswell
probably the cinch cables picking something up - just to make sure.
I hope i can fix it without drop or koss
i bought them used maybe a year ago and im in europe.
I have read many things that Koss probably will not do anything if its not first hand.

1 Like

Yes, I think that is a good idea, the owner included a sealed box and zip lock bag with his to keep them dust-free so I made sure to only have them out whenever I was listening and they went back into the bag he provided and the box immediately.

What are my options for replacement/enhanced pads besides stock?
I have a pair of original ESP950 that would love a fresh pair.

dekoni has some fenestrated sheepskins that i use on mine and i love them.

I was afraid ($) this was going to be the right answer. If the Dekoni FR graph is to be believed they even-up the mid-bass response, enhance low-end extension and bring in some of the 1k-2k assertiveness. Sounds all good from sound perspective, and a delightful looking quality of material compared to stock.

Any other magical cheaper answers anyone has? :innocent:

i was on the fence about returning the 95x until i tried the dekoni pads if that helps with wallet murder :slight_smile:

:face_with_monocle:

So, I still use mine, but to be honest and I am not sure I am the only one having this issue, but they are breaking the second time with the SAME exact way: an ear’s wiring would start to be bad and can cut out unless specifically positioned.

I say the second time because it happened like once a year or 2 ago and life warranty so I go them back repaired, but this week, it’s doing it AGAIN and to be quite frank, it’s getting annoying to the point that I am not sure I want to bother to return them yet again (the wire is attached and it’s not like ik how to soldier wires).

So
should I go through rma again? cause I am just wondering if I could just get another pairs of headphones that are SIMILAR to how they sound (relatively open and wide soundstage while offering clear highs), but are more reliable.

Try using some compressed air to blow out any dust. This is what I do when I have that issue and it immediately goes away.

Couldn®t fix it like this

ok so I tried for like an hour or 2 and my conclusion is there is a wiring problem where the wire splitter is because simply moving the cable slightly would either reduce the volume on the right cup or introduce pink noise: the cups and the drivers are def fine and I dusted them a lot with compressed air.

So no, it’s def the wire which is the same issue I had last time.

Was looking for a convenient way to protect my 95Xs from dust, but still keep them easily accessible.

Found this shoe display box for $20 on Amazon. This sits right next to my couch & desk so now my wife and I can both enjoy a 95X while watching TV (Have both the Koss Energizer & a Stax SRM-323A w/adapter).

5 Likes

Now I must ask if anyone tries the Yaxi pads. Inquiring minds want to know.