đŸ”¶ Koss KSC-75 / X

Replace them they do not. You will get more bass at the expense of treble coverage (has holes the KSC75 doesn’t) and weight/comfort (unless you already know those clips don’t work for you no matter how you bend and shape them).

For the hybrid performance you’re looking for you could try getting the PortaPros and putting the KSC75 drivers on that headband. Or another thing people did as part of the Kramer mod was to put deeper pads on the KSC75, some model they found with a ridge that sits on your ear and moves the driver a bit farther back (but this was in the context of drilling extra holes in the front grille, so there was no loss of detail from moving them back, just some bass recovery; in your scenario you would use the deeper pads without changes to the grille).

I’ll see, I’ll have both so I’ll have fun modding if I need to. :slight_smile:

anyone swapped the pads out for the Yaxi or something else? just ordered the Drop edition of these and would like maximum comfort. surprised Drop didn’t include the Yaxi’s and charge a bit more :wink:

Which sound better between the KSC75 and the KSC35?

Koss KSC35, from what I can see:

• They are a little more expensive (KSC35:44$ KSC75: 20$ as per Koss Website)
  • The clip looks cheeper on the KSC35
  • Looks like the KSC35 are clip on PortaPro. The back of the driver and the little box where the wire goes in looks exactly like PortaPro

Link to Koss Website KSC35 and KSC75

I’ve been told that the 35’s are discontinued and essentially the drivers of the Porta Pro with the ear loop wear system.

An interesting graph. Koss KPH30i, Koss KSC75s and Koss PortaPros, compared.
I can’t find a graph for the Koss UR40 s that Zeos just reviewed, unfortunately.

And here’s a fun one. Sennheiser HD650s compared to Koss KSC75s.
The treble on Koss KSC75s is impressive, I knew it.

(Yes, I copy-pasted this from The cheap AF headphones/earphones thread .)

I wanna buy these as a belated graduation present for my brother, but I’m from Croatia and it’d be the stupidest decision ever to order them since I’d pay twice the price for shipping :frowning:

Anybody willing to donate a set? I’d pay for shipping of course :orange_heart:

where can I find the 3d grill file and the guide to mmcx mod?

2 Likes

In my opinion I came from a tin t2 and wow the ksc75 have way more bass and soundstage and I felt the same way you did when I first got them but now I enjoy them more than the tin t2s.

1 Like

Too bad, a kitten ate the wire of my KSC75s. :stuck_out_tongue:
A good excuse for me to get PortaPros :laughing:

True my dog got my porta pros

I feel so stupid but please help me.

For the life of me I can’t figure out how to fit the KSC-75 to my ears properly. How do you even work on-ear clips? Are they supposed to be lopsided a bit? To get the best sound, I need to physically hold them to my ear :frowning:

take a look at Koss website
they’ve got a couple pictures showing how to wear them.

Sound went out in the left driver for me yesterday :confused: I knew it was a possibility when I ordered them but still sucks cause I really love these. Unsure whether to get another pair since they’re so cheap or try out the porta pros / kph30i

it might seem silly
but if you get them again, why not do the mmcx mod, so the cable shouldn’t fail and let the headphones die.

also, I think they have a lifetime warranty, so msg them for warranty replacement?

1 Like

I officially like these much MUCH better than the KPH30is. Those have arguably better bass, but the KSC75s are better at everything else

3 Likes

i bought three and each sounded distorted. couldn’t add no amp juice to them without them sounding bad.

1 Like

Too powerful amps?

Look for impedance adapters (basically adds impedance to low-impedance IEMs and headphones).

An impedance adapter will give you more usable volume knob range (and more bass on the KSC75 if it’s a series-resistor adapter of high enough resistance, like 100-ish ohms), but it will not solve the problem that the KSC75 simply starts to distort a lot when you turn it up to 90 dB or more. It’s just not good for loud listening.

LE:
Bass boost from 120-ohm amp output resistance (or series adapter):

So if you get the 150-ohm version of this it could be something like +4 dB at 100 Hz: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32860270299.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.15844c4dTJVtXE (but then of course the KSC75 would show up to the amp as a 60+150=210 ohm headphone, something to keep in mind with series resistors).

The DUNU mentioned above, 75-ohm version, I’ve measured to show up as 18-ohm amp-out resistance toward the headphones, so it won’t boost the bass by much, probably less than 1 dB.

And of course if you boost the bass on the input/electrical side, it becomes even more important how loud you turn them, since most of their distortion is in the bass.

3 Likes

Ouch, ok, I don’t listen to headphones that loud lol.
Thanks for the infos and measurements! :slight_smile: