šŸ”¶ Koss KSC-75 / X

What are you making issues with the 990? The sharp highs and general lack of mids ? More specifically I mean. Because if thatā€™s it try out the 880 itā€™s like a more pleasant 990 and thatā€™s coming from a guy that loves his 990ā€™s.

The sharp highs and I was thinking a little bit to much bass but perhaps that was the lack of mids?
The DT 880 being semi open could potentially be a problem with my left ear, Which needs to be able to ā€œBreatheā€ therefore I focussed my search on full open back headphones.
But perhaps itā€™s best I open a new topic for assistance with my headphone search.

Back to the Koss KSC-75: Used them for about 10+ hours yesterday and came to the conclusion that I would prefer something more comfortable in both sound and feel for long duration use, I did loosely hung them on the top of my ears but thatā€™s still less comfortable compared to the Sennheiser HDR-127 that Iā€™m borrowing from my dad. (Which are good in wearing comfort but donā€™t impress me with the sound quality.)

Iā€™ll be posting a new topic for my headphone search with more details about my ears and hearing loss, other problems I have, What Iā€™m looking for in both headphone and amp/dac and what my budget is soon. But not today.

Well, if you like Koss KSC75, but want open-backs, thereā€™s thatā€¦

I gotta say, I have the Sennheiser 58x, the Cooler Master 751 and the Koss KPH30iā€¦
ā€¦but I love listening to these the most. Honestly. Itā€™s just such a LOVELY sound, no matter what the song is, and theyā€™re wide as well. Theyā€™re uncomfortable and you look like an idiot wearing them (especially if youā€™ve put on the Yaxi pads like I did), but the sound is absolutely amazing. I wish they were regular headphones. I ended up using the KPH30i ONLY when I listen to extremely bassy music, I dislike almost everything else about them tbh.

(I should note that in the Amazon review of the Yaxi pads Zeos ends up saying that you shouldnā€™t put them on on this specific set because it loses the bass. Personally, Iā€™m satisfied with the bass even so, but Iā€™m not a bass-head)

I bought these based on Zā€™s review. Best $15 Iā€™ve ever spent on audio gear. Already had the kph30i and love them, couldnā€™t go wrong with koss again. Iā€™ll be uploading my reviews on both soon. Also got the mmcx adapters to upgrade them.

Does anyone have a tutorial for the MMCX mod?

1 Like

:flushed: leave my shps alone.

1 Like

+1 for SHPs, -1 for KSC-75s for me too.

SHPs donā€™t need mods toā€¦ stay on your head, at least, lol.
And donā€™t need mods to change the cable eitherā€¦

Hey does anyone know what over-ear headphones have a similar sound signature to the KSC-75? I love them so much I just want to upgrade into normal headphones

Maybe the dt880? Not so sure though donā€™t really have the 880 to compare.

Not really, perhaps something like the ad700x

The shps sound alright for about 60 dollars z over hyped them greatly and I kinda regret buying them better off saving for a used sennhieser or for only 15 bucks ksc75.

What are the differences between the Massdrop version and the regular silver one? Iā€™m thinking about just pulling the trigger on these.

It has an inline mic + volume control and thatā€™s it I think

1 Like

Are the wires better on one or the other? I thought Zeos said the wire on the regular was more durable but it did not have the mic/control at the same time.

Yeah, the regular 75 wire is slightly thicker and I would say more durable, so if you want the mic and the color scheme the massdrop version might be a good idea, and if not, the regular one is good imo

1 Like

I want the massdrop color but also the more durable wire ugh. :smile:
Maybe thereā€™s an MMCX mod that can be done on them.

Got my KSC75ā€™s and WOW theyā€™re amazing the feeling of being in a room of music whilst being so open I could have a conversation with someone im so aware when im out and about its great. I own some expensive IEMā€™s and headphones and I now choose these over everything if I dont need something closed back/for sound isolation.

3 Likes

This is dope I never knew about series resistors Iā€™ll give them a shot

Has anyone tried Yaxi pads on the KSC75ā€™s?