🔶 Koss Porta-Pro -- TWS

This is the official thread for the Koss Porta Pro TWS

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: On-Ear, Folding
  • Amp needed: Wired or True-Wireless BT
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

Been Going a Decade on the OG.

Family Photo

4 Likes

I saw this posted yesterday elsewhere. I’m huge fan of Koss, and I’ve never owned BT headphones/iem’s. So I’m pretty excited to get the koss sound without strings.

Hopefully oratory1990 gets a hold of a pair and makes an auto eq(if needed). The PP’s take to eq so well and oratory did a great job with its auto eq.

Entertaining review Zeos. Wish I had a pair on my head NOW!

they’re ridonkulously expensive. I’m sorry, but adding a small battery and Bt doesn’t warrant tacking on another $100.00 to their price. <_<

3 Likes

You’re right, they are over priced. That’s why I’m waiting until 11.11 and cyber Monday/black Friday to see if they go on sale. Even $89.99 is over priced but it’s better than $99.99. I won’t buy these at full price.

I just really really want a wireless koss. :grin:

1 Like

Wrt. SBC sounding better than AAC, if your phone has a newish Android it might already have SBC-XQ implemented, which should sound on par with aptX-HD (making any aptX support unnecessary) and way better than AAC @256 kbps.

LE:
Oops, I spoke without checking, I thought it’s been half a decade, it MUST have been implemented everywhere, right? Wrong, Google are being little bitches about it and still haven’t integrated it into AOSP so it ends up in every phone, even though they got everything served to them on a platter by people doing all the work for free and even testing it on multiple devices.
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/136342164
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/144517406

Seems the only ways to get it are still to replace your stock Android with LineageOS 15 or 16, or install Magisk, either of which require an unlocked bootloader and probably voided warranty.

(Been going nuts trying to rephrase this comment so I can post it on YouTube but it just won’t go through no matter what, I wonder why. :rofl: Fucking YT comment censorship is so aggro these days it’s a wonder anyone still comments on there like it’s a place you can have actual informative conversations.)

2 Likes

The headphone with the microphone is 50. So they’re really only adding an additional $50 for all the r&d and changes made to make them true wireless. Plus they’re including the case which I don’t think they did on the previous wireless unit that had wires. That sold for $89. So it’s only 10 bucks more than the previous Bluetooth revision

ah ha! I was wondering what you were going on about because I see $139.00 on the product page…but when I checked again later, saw that it automatically loaded a CDN page with CAD pricing, which I have not seen before. so this explains the $99 you see.

1 Like