đŸ”¶ KZ x HBB DQ6S

I agree. Mele is a proper blon bl03 successor IMO. A super value IEM for rock and metal. Loved to tuning so much I might give the EJ07M lava Edition a try.

1 Like

Ironically, most of the KZ bots are coming up with logics like, “it sounds good to me, so the driver count doesn’t matter”.

2 Likes

well to be fair more drivers doesn’t mean it’s better

Unfortunate situation for HBGR & Crin; KZ put you both in a flippin crapstorm, but

• Sent both defective units back.

• They were both just inside the return window.

• Can’t believe the OEM has said jack squat about this
 such a load of crap for the paying customers who opened their wallets based on the good will of both collabs & apparently OEM deceptive business/maufacturing practices (be it purposeful or accidental).

Welp, shame on me for naively trusting.

This is one helluva enthusiasts hobby

1 Like

Mele is its own beast. It may have been targeting the Blon 03 gang, but Mele has thicker bass owing to the better driver, but has earlier treble roll off so there is that little extra airy magic missing: but that also makes the Mele have a cleaner sound that is a nice listen for tired ears.

1 Like

Agreed, I spent yesterday listening to the BL-03 ( just got a replacement, since my wife stole my purple ones ), and I forgot how hard they were to get a good seal for me. It sounds good once you do, but they have some extra energy at times that can wear on you for all day listening. It is still one of the best entry points to the hobby.

The Mele is just a bit darker, easy to fit, and is sort of like an pair of comfy jeans. I can just go all day and not think about it. I have two of them for a reason, and when I can’t decide what to use for the day, Mele is usually the answer.

1 Like