KZ ZSX compared to Shure SE215

Hey! I just got the Kz zsx. For those owners of the shure se215, just for comparison sake, I would like to know which is the best soundwise? (forget isolation, weight) Thanks!

I think technicality wise the zsx bests the 215, with more detail, more clarity, better soundstage and imaging (although the se215 tends to be wider). The se215 is going for a warmer more laid back sound with good tone, where the zsx is more intimate and aggressive. Personally for sound I would prefer the kz unless I wanted something warmer and was willing to sacrifice technicalities.

1 Like

But the SE215 is apparently indestructible lol

1 Like

I have washed my 315 more times than I can count, an absolute tank with great isolation and fit. Although the clear cable turns green after awhile lol

Haha that comforts me knowing I did well in choosing the zsx. Plus they’re cheaper.

The Shure SE series is just older, still solid, but chi fi has really offered better sound performance for the price tbh. I kinda wished they would revamp it to bring it up to modern standards for the price

1 Like

hey M0N, just wondering, does the blon 03 bests the zsx?

Hmm, I think that’s more preference. I think the tuning on the 03 is more refined to me, but I think the zsx has more detail. Also the zsx is a bit better out of the box as the cable, tips, and fit are pretty decent, while I think the blon needs a new cable and new tips out of the box. I would say it’s a tossup based on preference

1 Like

I agree with M0N on this comparison. I bought the ZSX first as my entry to chi-fi, then heard the hype around the BLON and got them on sale through Aliexpress. I liked the look / build / fit of the ZSX better out of the box, but my sound preference was definitely the 03’s. I liked their warmer, more relaxed presentation. So I got some foam tips and a new cable for the BLON and sold the ZSX (after I had upgraded the cable, tips, and found a matching KZ zipper case to tie it all together. Somebody on Reddit got a nice setup. :upside_down_face:).

1 Like