🔷 Lake People G111

switzerland has some nice locations but living there is pretty expensive :stuck_out_tongue:
so back to topic did look at my g103 and couldnt find any jumpers for scematics for 230 to 115V conversion, to like MON said best to get the oppionion from a pro :wink:
otherwise im wondering why your ground pin isnt conected ?

I don’t know. I need an expert! Or a complete manual lol. Just beside the orange-red jumper there, says “GND” on the PCB. Looking at the manual, I suppose it’s currently in the RIGHT jumper setting position(“Ground disconnected”)?
gnd

If it’s set to 240V and you use it on 120V, it’ll just not work.
Power it on, plug something cheap into it, and proceed depending on what you hear.
Given it doesn’t have a switch it’ll either have a wire on the bottom of the board bridging the Transformer coils, or less likely it’s auto sensing.

1 Like

found the manual for the g111 on powerholdings site

1 Like

Damn, wish I had a Modi around. I hate those things!!

think he tought more of a headphone :stuck_out_tongue: than a dac, but if nothing goes wrong you simply should have only half the power available and the gain should be lower

OK - sound test is good! I can already tell this amp is a winner using KZ AS10 at like 2.5 volume clicks ;p I do hear hum/hiss/noise starting at about 10 o’clock, though. Probably nobody’s fault. With Vokyl Erupt, I hear no hiss at all at any volume. I would immediately say this has more note weight/body than my other amps. The smaller things like extra detail, bass control & depth, width, are there but not as immediate.

1 Like

good to hear that no blue smoke was coming out of the amp XD

1 Like

Ugh, I didn’t know they had a version that does that!!! :frowning:

1 Like

with enough ecouragement yours can do it too (but only once) XD

That is a ground terminal for hooking up when you are running Single Ended from a mixer or so and have Ground loop issues.

Ground via the power plug can be lifted using the red jumper

In the “lift”-setting, Ground is coupled via a small capacitor and resistor next to the jumper.

1 Like

Doing A/B switchin’s with Mojo and d50s, I find d50s to have certainly smoother treble. No idea why. Because I can still change Mojo’s volume when used as a DAC, I get the feeling Mojo’s amp is negatively affecting the sound. Or, perhaps the d50s isn’t as detailed/revealing/extended as Mojo’s DAC, so it simply isn’t showing the full picture…though I don’t suspect that’s the case. I prefer d50s here, surprisingly.

Probably that. To get “better” numbers, the D50s may mess with the frequencies above 1 and a bit kHz.

Yep, to change/determine voltage, you have to take out the PCB, take off a security panel, and solder/see if certain bridges are connected according to PCB indication. More info coming…

1 Like

sounds like the most german way possible XD

1 Like

So I got mine yesterday. All other amps seemed like a waste of time up until this point. Don’t get me wrong, if you owned an SP200 you could be happy the rest of your life, but I mean, damn, it gave me the feels like the first time I got my first pair of “good” headphones. It turned my Grado Hemps into detailed headphones, so I don’t even want to know what it would do to a detailed pair of headphones. I mean, I’m listening to 600 ohm 880s right now so I do, but you know what I mean. I F’n love the potentiometer, but I’m a slut for a high quality knob. Everything screams German. If the packaging was any simpler there wouldn’t have even been a box- just a guy named Franz knocking on my door handing it to me. Everything about sound stage, detail- terms you sometimes wonder how much they really mean and how much difference can there really be between non-headphone components, are real. I’m sold. It’s all true. Everyone’s endgame is gonna be different, but this is truly endgame. I’ve said this about gear before, but I really do believe if there are amps better than this, and I have no doubt there are, I don’t need to hear them. Sort of like heroin- you’re just gonna take someone’s word on how great it is without ever trying it yourself. I feed it with a Zen DAC for now. I will say, I wouldn’t want it any more neutral or less warm than it is now. I’m waiting for Soekris’ new entry level DAC, but the Ares II intrigues me- if it makes it sound even more “analogue” or vinyly or whatever you want to call it, what the Hemps do to your music, pour it on me. All over me. Arthur at Power Holdings was a pleasure to deal with, as well.

10 Likes

Congrats on the purchase! You can’t go wrong with either Soekris or Denafrips, just different sound sig.

This post was awesome! Thanks for the laugh!

OH YES! My Hemps just showed up today, running them on the G111 right now, and this is a very nice pairing!

This pairing was eye opening - I had the biggest goofy grin on my face the entire first day I played with this pairing.

Yes! I feel like a ball’r every time I turn the volume up/down.

ummm… sure? I guess so?

But I agree with your overall point - after talking with Mon the next step up is ~5x the price. That’s so far in the future it may as well not even exist for now.

Me too. Right now it’s a race between my bank account refreshing, a good Ares II deal coming available, and the Soekris DAC going for sale.

or mabye…

4 Likes

I truly am glad that post brightened someone’s day. What’s the point of all of this if we can’t have a laugh? No setup is ever gonna put you in the room with the instruments, and while we all know that, all we can do is support each other in pursuit of that impossible goal we all strive for anyway

4 Likes

Marry had a little lamb. Its fleece was white as snow. She changed her G111 voltage like so:
AKA - How to change Lake People G111 mains voltage to 115V or 230V (Official :tm: Lake People :copyright: information for G111, V100, V200, as well as likely G109, G107, G103, and possibly others):

1 image:

4 Likes