šŸ”· Lake People G111

Me again, ā€œfamā€, as the kids say. Or at least used toā€¦ Anyway, Is it worth going into this thing to step up the gain to give max power to my 600 Ohm 880s and Argons (and quite frankly, I think my Sundaras are missing the extra juice they were getting from the SP200, but maybe not) Maybe thatā€™s not how this works- itā€™s purely a volume thing and not a current thing, but I always just assumed more volume was at least partly associated with more current. Running Balanced out from a Zen into this thing, and Iā€™ve got the knob at 2 oā€™clock on the G111. Also run Grado Hempā€™s from it. Typically this would be a big fat no because believe me, this thing has lots of power out of the box, but I have the luxury of using my Zen as a Pre (at least until I get a different DAC, if I ever do, I want to, but money and availability limit me right now) so range on the volume pot can be adjusted to suit from the Zen. Thanks

I have a G111 incoming. Right now I have a ZenDAC + ZenCAN. Would you recommend to continue using the ZenDAC as a DAC for the G111?

You could sell the Zen stack and get something like a Soekris 1321, thatā€™s a really sweet combination

Guys, I have a question!

I want to buy a g111 to use it with the BF2. I am wondering how will it drive the Beyer T1.2nd. I currently own the A3, RNHP and thx789. I want a tighter subbass rumble the A3 doesnā€™t have and the thx789 have (running the t1.2nd with the balanced cable).

People comment about the soundstage being wider than the A3. How does it compare to the thx789?

I mean I like it, but most people on here would say you need to step up the DAC. I plan to, just canā€™t afford to yet. Waiting on the 1321ā€™s replacement to come out. Ares II is also tempting if a little pricey for me.

1 Like

From my understanding the G111 was engineered using 600 Ohm Beyer 880s and as someone who owns them, the G111 has plenty of power. Without even knowing those other ampā€™s stats off the top of my head I bet the G111 puts more out at 600 ohms than the others.

1 Like

Thank you!

Would be cool to read what you think of the zen dac g111 combo. I use my lake people with an e30 and like the qualities of the dac and what it can do for my lake people rs-08. I find it enjoyable.

Iā€™ll let you know. It should be delivered in 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

My new 230v g111 looks like this

Under the plastic protection if youre still not Shure how to do it :wink:

1 Like

Very nice choice, going with green. I love it!

Has anyone ever opened her up and increased the gain? Is it hard?

Assuming it is similar to the G103, it is easy.

:warning: Unplug from power before opening the device!

Take out the top two screws on front and back, then lift the top half off. There should be a pair of jumpers (likely red) that you move.
For details, take a look at the manual:

1 Like

Isnā€™t hard just 4 hex screws and switching 2 jumpers and itā€™s done :wink:

1 Like

HE6se V2 + G111. Anyone tried this combo yetā€¦? Because thatā€™s happening soon here :o Looks like the power at 50 ohms is perfect for it, ~1,925 mW! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™ll hear what youā€™ll have to say about it before I think about importing a pair for the 650 $

1 Like

I am interested too!

1 Like

Can anyone compare - G111 vs A30 Pro?

NM, got another reply stating new ones have a switch now for 115 vs 230.

Hello Guys.
Iā€™m venturing into the world of liquid music and for some time now I wanna create a desktop HEADPHONES system in order to listen to lossless musicā€¦ I would like to gather opinions on how to move in the future regarding any purchases.

As for headphones, I have pretty clear ideas about what kind of sound Iā€™m looking for. A high impedance open headset with neutrality features, tonal coerency and balanceā€¦
I am seriously considering buying the Sennhesier HD600ā€¦ If I decide to take HD 600, I also have to consider buying a good SS amp (no valves) that pairs well with this headsetā€¦ A powerful amplifier of good construction, neutral and transparent tone could be a good solution for you?

At the moment on top of my preferences there are these two models:. LAKE PEOPLE G100. LAKE PEOPLE G111

If I have correctly interpreted the specifications, the Lake People G 111 should have no difficulty in piloting the HD600ā€¦ The HD600 are high impedance headphones who needs a lot of ā€œcurrentā€. The Lake People has surplus power and voltage (it has a toroidal transformer powered) .
Output power 300 ohm-900 mw. Balanced/unbalanced outputs. Too bad for the lack of an ā€œexternalā€ selector to adjust the gain.

Did someone try it coupled with an HD600?

Thanks To all

1 Like