Let's have another theoretical discussion about what HW you'd get with this as your budget

$4000 and you need to decide the following:

what 3 headphones or IEMs to get?
what 3 DAC to get?
what 3 Amps to get?

there is no minimum or maximum for any single item.

these all need to be BRAND new, nothing used / refurbished, source will be the elusive Spoitify HiFi where the worst it could be is 320kb / 16bit MP3 with the best being MQ…JOKE!!! JOKE!!! with the best being DSD 256.

my dream is to have one warm, one neutral / flat and then one cool, detailed, analytical device for each category that would let me mix it up in 27 different combinations to find the ‘just right’ sound for the music I’m are listening too.

have at 'er!!!

1 Like

HP:

HD800s -$1600

DAC/AMP- RME ADI 2 FS - $2000

honestly that would complete my collection.

1 Like
  • SR-007 MKII
  • FD7
  • Hook-X
  • Gungnir black
  • Gungnir silver
  • Mojo 2
  • Mjolnir KGSSHV
  • MLP
1 Like

Headphone: AKG K-872
Amp: Lehmann Audio Linear Pro
DAC: Dangerous Music Source

The only component of these I have not auditioned is the Source. So this may be a complete mess.

A combination I would like to try is the Feliks Audio Echo 2 and Audiotechnica ATH-R70x (or Sennheiser HD-600), not sure what DAC to get with this.

SENNHEISER - HD800S
SENNHEISER - HDVD 800

Focal’s Utopia
DAC/AMP- RME ADI 2 FS (already owned)

Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000
Cayin HA-1A MK2
DAC RME ADI 2 FS (already owned)

I have listened to totl headphones, but haven’t had the chance to sample much in the way of DAC or amps. when I demo’d the Focal Stellia I used the Questyle Twelve and they performed beyond words. The Stellia eat up most of that $4K budget meaning the remaining funds would not do them justice in the DAC / Amp I could get to use with it, so I’ll step down to the Clear og and then a respectable R2R DAC and then equivalent tube amp…an OTL or such that has no problem with efficient cans like the Clear.

I tried the Clear after the Stellia and while they are no Stellia, they were good…darn good.