Let's list all the headphone with a w shaped frequency response

Thank you :+1::smiley:

1 Like

It’s just what your used to, the 6??'s have a phenomenal mid range but that’s pretty much all they have.
If you listen to just the 6?? for long enough you find other signatures jarring if you don’t give them enough time. Which is why you see so many people buy the next “Super 6XX”, and be disappointed by it, then return to what they know.

I was never a huge fan of the 6?? on SS.

1 Like

They’re just not an all rounder but what they do well they do exceedingly so

I was recently on a website called, I think, DIY heaven. They were discussing a Grado GS2000e and the guy stated that if you were a Grado fan you would always find the HD6?? boring. It made me laugh. And you are probably right.

It doesn’t really have the bass to be W shaped, it’s more √ shaped.

Oooo, that’s a radical claim, man! :laughing:

1 Like

But also, yeah, I see your point. I think they do boost the bass a little bit but don’t have much in the sub-bass region at all. So what shape is that? sin(theta - pi/3)?

1 Like

appears the DT 177x are also w shaped.

so…IEM’s. what IEM’s have a w shaped frequency response?

fh7’s and hyla sardas I believe

well, both seem to have a vibration in the low end of their fr, but I wouldn’t call it w shaped…according to crinacle.

Could the Sundara’s be considered W shaped? Great bass, great mids and I don’t really notice the treble.
Does that mean that the treble is weak? Or does it mean that, like a good referee, it is going about its business well and so you don’t notice it?

I think the bass is too even and goes directly into the mids so w would be inaccurate imo… also I think the treble is near perfect for my ears… good detail and not emphasized

A w shape has things emphasized imo and i think the sundara is just even

I would personally say it’s more neutral or linear (perhaps neutral bright to some)

Fair enough. Certainly not as pronounced in all three areas as the Elex.
But a nice all rounder for me.

so…actual w-shaped IEM’s. are there any? seems we’re struggling to find some… LoL!

The Mayflower electronics v1 mod of the T50RP is a slight W.

which version of the T50RP? I see the Foxtex Mk 3 is w shaped…

The Mayflower mod v1 is only being done on mk3 fostex. The mod further accentuates the W shape.

1 Like

I see they have a v3 as well…the ‘bass version’. how w is it? also…where’s the v2? :wink: