Let's talk about the Kanto TUK

Z is in love with them and what I read/heard about them from their preview/demo at CES makes me want them too. however I’m not sure I can justify getting them since I have the YU6 w/SUIB8.

1 Like

Joe N Tell was pretty stoked about them too. Caught my eye but still enjoying the Fluance i40s. They do look great but waiting a bit to hear more from others

one review I read said they easily outclassed my YU6, however if you needed something, they would be the next best choice. my understanding is that they’re so good on the bass response you don’t really need a sub, even. :open_mouth:

I’m going to borrow your thread a little. I am also intrigued by the Kanto TUK’s. Seems that not only Zeos is impressed by these. I have seen other reviews get equally excited about these (okay not equally, Zeo’s reactions is in a league of its own).

Now my predicament is to go with the Swans M300 or the Kanto TUK’s. Anybody got any input?

/Mikey

mebe get in touch with Zeos and see what he’s got to say?

Well the tuks are $300 more than the swans, so it really depends if the features/sound on the tuk is worth the price difference. Also at that price you should consider edifier s3000pro since they are just as good (maybe better?) than the swans.

But yes it’d be best to get a opinion from someone who has used all three extensively. @ZeosPantera

and if you really want true end game speakers, the KEF LSX. :wink:

This is true the TUK’s are more expensive but they look 10 x better. Being in the design industry I guess I am a bit of a product design nerd so that plays a factor too. Even though the bang for the buck is also a factor. Who doesn’t like a good deal? :slight_smile:

I need to do more research on the Edifier S3000 pro (I can say straight away they are prettier than the M300) and I saw that I could order them via the UK being that I am in Sweden.
Kef LSX looks nice too. End game for 1500 dollars sounds pretty cool but I recently upgraded my car audio and that might be a little steep for me at the moment.

The Vanatoo’s would be an option but they have no European retailers so the shipping would be too crazy to justify it.

If Zeos does read this: Nice for going with dark mode on the forum.

I pre ordered the Tuk because I was tired of the thought of those seriously amazing looking speakers clawing at the back of my mind. $800 is a little high for me, but if you want good speakers, you’re talking at least $500 and if I’m going to spend that, I might as well go all the way or I would just regret not doing so. It also helps that they are active. If you told me I had to spend $800 on the speakers and still need an amp/dac to run them properly, I would never consider it. But the whole package for $800, looks and all, suddenly becomes more appealing when you consider you don’t have to spend any more after that. Just think: you’re getting speakers, as well as a really good amp/dac built in (with Bluetooth) all for the price. It breaks it down better. Not to mention the added headphone amp makes a great feature for those lacking in that department.

My real reason for joining this thread is to find out what kind of sub to pair with these that doesn’t break the bank. I’m thinking that aesthetically and for the sake of good pairing, I’m wanting to go with Kantos sub for around $250. But I haven’t heard if it’s good for the money or not. @Marzipan how is the kanto SUB8?

Joe N Tell got paid handsomely to be stoked…

Really? Pretty curious now, what happened?

1 Like

Thats his business model. No judgements but he admits to taking money from manufacturers…

Do you disagree with Joe and Zeos’ take on the Tuk? Would love to hear another opinion on them.

I actually like the tuk. While I think that you could get passive speakers and an amp for the same price and have a bit better sound, the convince, features, and look is something that would make me want to recommend them. A friend has them for a kitchen setup, so that’s where I heard them in.

1 Like

Wow, that would be such a great place for a good set of speakers. Figure you would be in the kitchen quite a while for cooking and cleaning so why not enjoy tunes. Thanks M0N

Very interested in them myself but HarryBaque seemed to suggest that the hype is bought and I was curious of his take on them.

I wouldn’t doubt that they are overhyped. I don’t think that they sound better then the klipsch rp600m with a good amp, but the entire package is pretty nice. Its almost like a “lifestyle” product but sounds pretty good and comes out to a decent price because of all the features that it offers

1 Like

the built in amp is the convenience and selling point of these speakers. you can put them somewhere with power, no cables running between them (though it is an option) and pair it with your wireless device and stream.

having these in a kitchen is a good and bad idea…good cause kitchens are small and these aren’t meant for big spaces, but bad because there is the potential for smoke and water damage from mistakes or the humidity kitchens are known for.

1 Like

But imo there are better powered speakers for the money, but lack stuff like a sub out or the looks of by, etc

They are definitely more of a Swiss army knife approach to a speaker. I have the YU4 for my PC speakers and have been very happy with them. The only thing the TUK has I’m missing is the headphone jack. But that’s ok because I do have a small amp for that.