Let's talk about the Schiit Vali 2 and tube rolling

M0N’s recommended keeping it stock…but since tube rolling is a thing, might be something to try anyways.

I’d be looking for a tube that would bring out the strings like cello and violin out better, if that’s something a tube can do. :wink:

To clarify, I said stock was just fine and you def don’t need to swap tubes, but you can get improvements from trying out new tubes

1 Like

Mine came with 3 tubes and I ended up enjoying the stock tube the most.

1 Like

they use a decently flat tube for their stock tubes. Check out Psyane tubes. Some great modern tubes. There are also many NoS to choose from, and of course the usual suspects of tungsol and golden lion. I have tried a few cheep modern russian and chinese tubes, they are crap but cheap lol. good if your broke and a tube dies and you got to have 1, but not much else lol. Full disclosure, I do not own the vali 2. BUT, I do own an amp and a pre-amp that use the same tubes.

Schiit provides good stock tubes for their tube products. Not the best, but solid performers on their amps and pre-amps. You typically have to spend a decent amount on a tube, to get a “better” sound from them. I have no doubt they test many tubes within a price range, and are available, to find the best one that blends with their hardware.

edit: I do own other schiit tube products.

1 Like

what are some good brands to look at for tubes? Schiit has a 6BZ7 NOS in it out of box, so I checked Amazon and there’s a few brands. EH, JJ and Genalex stand out at first.

is there an easy to read / understand guide to teach about tubes n jazz?