Lets talk about your tips! ;)

I’ve passed 150 euros in eartips already in the last six months. :euro::euro::euro::euro::euro:

3 Likes

4 Likes

A 26 dollar IEM is blowing my mind right now! Thank you BGGAR!

I’ll repeat that… A 26 dollar IEM is blowing my mind right now!

XELASTEC tips & Blon BL-03 FTW. The Spinfit double flange did the trick too but it goes in quite far into my ear. I’m getting an amazing seal with the XELASTEC tips yet they don’t go deep into my ear. I think they even sound better.

2 Likes

Got the Xelastec tips today and they sound good on the Tin T2 and P1. They actually seal in my right ear (a small miracle for a silicon tip) and since they are real grippy they don’t fall out. I will try out my other IEMs tomorrow as my new Grado Hemp LTD are taking up most of my time right now.

3 Likes

I just put in another order.

3 Likes

If you’re an IEM lover, you owe it to yourself to get the following…

3 Likes

I dont disagree, blon is not bad.

SMP iFit for your pleasure… LOL. So 2 sizes cost a lot, but man these are an improved spiral for sure in comfort. These are the most comfortable tips ever due to how soft they are, even better than the Xelastec in that regard. No issues with sound yet either. Will listen more and do a few direct comparisons.

3 Likes

So now that I’ve listened to pretty much only my Grado Hemps for 3 weeks, I have finally managed to pull myself away long enough to listen to those Xelastec tips a bit more properly. So far I’ve only been using my Tin P1 and the only change I’ve noticed is in the highs. I haven’t quite pinned it down yet, but these tips either make the treble brighter, sharper, or grainy. Maybe some combination of those. It’s not bad per say, but I’m not sure I like it. I’ll need to listen more to pin down exactly what it is I’m hearing (Oh, woe is me. I must listen to my third favorite headphone more. Lol :joy:).

I noticed that depending on tips used that the P1 was listenable due to treble. Very metallic for my taste. I’m very sensitive to that based on what I’ve learned LOL

1 Like

So I’ve given the Xelastec tips a listen on both my Tin P1 and T2 and I have figured out what it is they do to the treble. On the P1 it makes it a bit sharper and too grainy for my taste. It’s not necessarily brighter or more elevated, just less pleasant. The T2 was better. All these tips do to the T2 was make the treble a touch brighter and maybe a bit more detailed. It’s was a little to much for certain vocals that are sibilant but for string instruments I like these more than the Symbio F tips that I use.

So in conclusion, the P1 need a good foam to make the highs sound right, but boy do I like how they sound when they sound right. The T2 I overall prefer with the Symbio F, but the Xelastec have their place if you love strings.

I would comment in the T4 are Shuoer Tape, but I just don’t seem to ever like them. I’ve tried a variety of tips and genres of music, but I always seem to find something about them I just can’t stand (thanks Harman).

2 Likes

Maybe they are better for a neutral IEM, or one that is slightly dark. Works great for the EX800st. The extra seal help with punch for the driver too. Good to know about the tin ones tho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve found that I prefer other tips for most of my IEMs compared to the Xelastec tips, but they can work wonders on an IEM that may be lacking in certain areas like the Blon. They really are like magic for the Blon.

2 Likes

Bingo! Couldn’t agree more.

I’m a little disappointed because these are the first time I’ve ever gotten a silicon tip to make a seal in my right ear and be comfortable, but they tweek the sound of my only two usable IEMs too much for my liking. Maybe in the future I’ll get something that they work on.

1 Like

Sorry. I hear ya. The sticky surface is awesome to getting that great seal, but they do effect the sound of the IEM. I feel they make the IEM generally more energetic which might not be what you’re looking for.

I struggle with fit constantly. I suggest continuing to try everything you can until you find what works. Just remember that if a tip fits your ear with a specific tip does not mean that tip will work across the board with every IEM unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

The Xelastec tips worked with all 4 IEMs I mentioned (T2, P1, T4, and Tape). My ears seem to be pretty consistent when it comes to fit. My ear canals are pretty large, so as long as the body of the IEM doesn’t get in the way or the nozzles is way to short, the fit pretty much is totally dependant on the tip. Basically, if the tip works with the T2 it will more than likely work with any other IEM.

You could always try a custom shell? You could get a custom Legacy 3 for a very reasonable price.

1 Like

But that’s a Harman tuned IEM, and I pretty much hate the harman tuning. This is my issue with IEMs. I really enjoy the T2 and P1 and would like to get something higher end, but tips make it hard to use IEMs and the harman tuning makes it hard to look at anything outside of the kilobuck range where the Harman tunings become rare (it’s like those companies are doing something other than just following stupid trends).

1 Like

Anyone here use kz starline tips I ordered a set of all 3 sizes just out of curiosity cause they are so cheap. What do you think of em?