🔶 Letshuoer Galileo x Gizaudio

This is the official thread for the Galileo x Gizaudio Collab

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: In Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • **Dual-Driver Hybrid Configuration.
    10mm Liquid Silicone Dynamic Driver Unit.
    Sonion 2389 Balanced Armature Unit.

:red_circle: HiFiGo Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

The last earphone that I tested recently had a lovely midrange presentation. I am talking about the Sennheiser IE200 here. I just loved the absolutely lovely vocals that the pair rendered and brought my music library to life. I was just enjoying the vocals out of the IE200, and just then, I got the Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo to test. I started this writeup today about the Midrange discussion because Galileo is another pair with an absolutely lovely midrange response and also renders beautiful vocals. This is the first collaboration for Timmy from Gizaudio(A great guy to talk with), and it’s an exciting one, at least the hype all around suggests this(so does the pair). How does this beautiful dual-driver hybrid earphone sound? I am going to share my impressions on this today, so let’s begin with the unboxing part first.

A short disclaimer:-

The Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo was provided to me free of cost by HiFiGo for the purpose of this review. I would like to thank the team for the sample, a free sample won’t mean I will say wrong or post wrong information about the product, I assure all the impressions in this blog are completely my own based on my experience with the set. They might be biased based on my personal preference which is mostly balanced with a hint of sub-bass boost. At the time of this write-up, the pair retails for 109.99$, you can check out more details on the HiFiGo website from the link below. It’s a non-affiliated link.

Unboxing Experience:-

Galileo has got a very thoughtful design on the package. Thoughtful in the way that it shows the limitless Space that our famous astrologer liked to explore through the image on the front of the outer cover. It also has the slogan “The Echo of the Deep” printed right above the image including the partner brands here(Letshuoer, Gizaudio, and HiFiGo). Technical details are printed on the back of the package. The design is thoughtful yet simple in a white-colored package. Inside we have a carry case that is super hard to open the very first time, the pair itself, the cable, and a bunch of ear tips, actually six pairs of silicone tips.

Package Contents:-

Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo IEMs.

Stock cable(I got 4.4mm).

Six pairs of silicone ear tips(Three white, Three black).

User manual.

Carry case that is super hard to open.

Cleaning tool.

Design & Build Quality:-

Galileo looks spectacular, the pair does justice to its name with beautiful ink-painted face covers. As per the brand, the face covers depict the Milky Way and the endless space with its beautiful rendition of different colors including tones of Blue, Orange, with Black, and White colors. Inner cavity has a transparent look to it with a dark blue color that matches the face covers. Since the face covers are ink-painted, each unit has its own unique design and texture. If you ask me, the pair looks beautiful and pretty well-built. The shell has a comfortable lightweight build and provides a comfortable fit, atleast to me. The stock tips do the job for me, I am using the White colored ones. They tend to serve me with a comfortable fit and provide me proper isolation from the surroundings as well.

Coming towards the cable, we have a 4-strand cable with a soft in-hand feel. It looks well-built and does the job for me. It has standard 2-pin connectors. My unit here has a 4.4mm termination that works well with my Sony ZX707. Accessories included in the package also have a solid build, the case particularly is super hard to open. During my unboxing shoot, It took me about 15-20 seconds just to get the damn box open lol.

`type or paste code here`

Driving the Galileo:-

Galileo is fairly easy to drive. It works well with my colleague’s Samsung Galaxy M31s(with its stock 3.5mm output). Obviously using a USB DAC/AMP or dedicated Hi-Res player improves the output with its high-res audio signal decoding capabilities. Most of my listening for this review is done on Sony ZX707 and Astell&Kern SE200. ZX707 felt more lively with its rich tone and the SE200 felt more detailed with its output.

Sound Impressions:-

Have you ever heard of an IEM that sounds completely effortless? Like you through anything at that particular set and it sounds simply amazing, it swifts through the entire frequency band like a smooth buttery journey. The pair maintains a neutral-ish sound profile with a hint of boost in the mid-bass region and a lovely midrange performance. It presents the treble region in such a smooth manner that it instantly holds my heart with its inoffensively clear sound. Honestly speaking, I can’t listen to growling or heavy metal music in all sets as I feel tired and a bit fatigued after just a few minutes of listening. But with Galileo, I literally spent hours listening to RHCP, Linkin Park, Disturbed, and Infected Mushroom with no issues at all. Effortless is the appropriate word that instantly came to my mind whenever I started to write down my notes for Galileo.

The pair sounds open and quite lively. I mean, the treble region extends well and presents a clear, crisp definition and an open, wide soundstage. Upper mids and the lower-treble region are a little pronounced delivering a lovely vocal presentation. Both the male and female vocals sound simply amazing on the set. They have good clarity, and excellent textured presentation, and create an immersive connection with the listener with their upfront presentation. Please don’t get me wrong here, they don’t sound harsh or too into the face, they sound appropriately placed and show good resolution on them. The overall sound of Galileo has a life-like natural tone to its presentation. It doesn’t sound colored anyway. Instruments are very well-separated, and they show good resolution, especially in the mid-range. The midrange on the Galileo absolutely holds the charm, it sounds mesmerizing. Listening to Vocal-centric or acoustic-based tracks on Galileo is amazing. They sound rich and nicely detailed. My personal favorites, Damien Rice, Boyce Avenue, Gloria Gaynor, Toni Braxton, etc sound super good on the Galileo.

Talking about the lower end, the pair maintains a clean and refined presentation. It has a hint of boost in the mid-bass region showing a quick and fast response. It isn’t very punchy or deep-hitting but has a precise response. For bass-heavy tracks, the pair doesn’t sound muddy at all, it maintains its clear response throughout the frequency band. Sub-bass region also has a decent response with a smooth rumble which is easily heard in bass-heavy tracks. Although, for my personal preference, I would love some more punch and hit in the lower end.

Coming on to the dynamics part, I find the pair to have a good level of detail in both micro and macro dynamics. Micro-details are produced well, and the macro transitions are also smooth and recognizable. The instruments and overall sound presentation is pretty clean and well-separated. It doesn’t sound congested at all. The pair produces a good width in the soundstage. Although, for my personal preference a tad bit more depth in the output would have given a more 3D-like presentation.

To summarise the sound of Galileo, It has a rich, life-like natural tone to the vocals and instruments. The pair delivers lovely clarity and resolution with its dual-driver Hybrid setup. Probably the two things that I think could be improved would be, I would love some more punch in the lower end that instantly improve the depth of the stage.

Well, that’s all I have to say about the sound of the Galileo, let’s move ahead and I will share a short comparison with my recently reviewed Sennheiser IE200.

Sennheiser IE200 vs Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo:-

IE200 houses a single 7mm micro dynamic driver that produces the entire frequency band. That’s a lovely set with a mid-focused sound. You can check out my review of IE200 on Head-Fi over here and on Youtube over here. Here’s my short comparison with Galileo.

IE200 has a little warmth to its output, Galileo sounds more neutral in its tone.

IE200 with JVC Mushroom or Azla Sedna Earfit Light tips have more punch in the lower end, Galileo sounds more towards the neutral sound in this regard. Please don’t get me wrong here, it doesn’t sound lean, it’s just not as hard-hitting as IE200 with those tips.

Galileo delivers life-like natural vocals in its sound. IE200 isn’t very far behind, but still, Galileo sounds more natural and lively.

Galileo has wider soundstage, IE200 sounds more 3D with more depth.

Galileo has a cleaner, more resolving sound. Its treble is also livelier compared to the IE200.

I personally love both sets, I actually listen to both of them on a rotational basis. They sound super lovely to me with Galileo delivering more natural sound and the IE200 delivering a little warmth with its sound. You can choose between them based on your listening preference.

Final Words:-

Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo is a lovely-looking IEM. I would like to congratulate Timmy on this collaboration of his as I personally loved the tuning profile. The pair sounds natural, lively, and open. It has excellent tonality, I can assure you, you can listen to this set for hours and hours without feeling any fatiguing or getting tired at all. I mean, in the end, it is all that matters, to enjoy our music with a natural, rich tone and a good amount of details and resolution. Galileo checks all these boxes for me in the right way!!

Well, that’s all about the Letshuoer x Gizaudio Galileo from my side. I hope you guys liked this review of mine, I am also editing the video review, and will probably post it tomorrow on my Youtube. Will update this post with the link after uploading.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Hi-Fry reviewed the Galileo. It’s long but informative.

3 Likes

Andy’s take on Galileo.

2 Likes

BGGAR’s review of the Galileo.

1 Like

It’s priced quite similar to the Fiio FH3, one of favorite IEMs for rock. Now that it’s quite old in chi-fi terms, do you think Galileo is an upgrade?

1 Like

Ian Fann’s review of Galileo.

1 Like

Nice bgm, was enjoyable to watch.

Happy Saturday guys - it’s finally Galileo time. Took over a month, but just look at how stunning they look, really, probably one of the most beautiful plating I’ve ever seen. It also comes with this high quality cable - very sturdy, and the case is a tank - overkill but why not. But cosmotics aside, how do they actually sound? Well, very very smooth.

Starting with the low-end, it’s very clean with a slight hint of warmth. The impact and separation in the bass is very punchy with fast decay - it’s more sub-bass over mid-bass, but drums and male vocals still have a very good weight to them without sounding muffled. I think Letshuoer did a really good job at balancing the bass without getting too much in the way of the mids, but admittedly, there is some warmth to the midrange and vocals, making the Galileos sound more weighted and forward than the Quarks DSP, but less warm than the EA500.

It’s not bass light, but also not a bass set by any means - you’re still going to get more impact and meat with EA500 in-terms of the overall low-end, although at the cost of more coloured vocals and masking more clarity. And Sub-bass wise the Galileo has more sub-bass impact than the Quarks DSP and its overall low-end sounds more forward, heavier, and more enjoyable, but at the cost of feeling less open and clean overall.

In-terms of the mids, the Galileo is forward leaning in its instruments and vocals, and due to its darker treble and neutral leaning low-end, it shifts your focus to the mid-range which is the star of the show. Although it’s not as open and clean as the Quarks DSP, I actually prefer this forward signature more on slower songs like first love and all too well because it feels more intimate and I can hear the vocal details better, whereas the mid-bass dip in the Quarks DSP results in more open and further vocals and sounds more correct, but less enjoyable imo. The EA500 on the other hand has a bit too much warmth and hurts clarity which is why I prefer the balance of the Galileo the best out of the three… but for faster tracks like Strangest Thing and Forever Love, the Quarks DSP still sounds the cleanest.

So, so far everything has been great, but the only issue I really have is in the treble. Although this darker tuning is really good for scaling and the overall dynamics of the Galileo is as smooth as the Quarks DSP - it just lacks the air and extension to cymbal crashes, female vocals, and combined with the forward leaning mid-range it makes the treble even harder to hear compared to the Quarks DSP and EA500. When I A/B the Galileo with the other two, it feels like I’m missing parts of the song because it gets hard to pick out the treble because of the roll off. Now, a pro of this decision is that I never experienced any fatigue on any song or at any volume - it’s a very smooth and intimate listen, but the trade off is you are losing treble resolution. If the Galileo had more extension I would easily recommend it as a warmer Quarks DSP with better imaging, but as of now it’s more of a niche IEM for those who want a smooth listen, or listen at high volumes - so I guess people like me.

For slower songs I actually prefer the Galileo over the Quarks DSP because of its excellent volume scaling, heavier note-weight, and more forward vocals, so I would still recommend the Galileo if you have similar listening habits like me. As an all rounder though, the Quarks DSP is still the King - it just sounds more open, clear, and “correct”. That being said, I think Timmy did an amazing job with the overall presentation, design, and what he was trying to go for - which I think was a smooth and effortless listening experience, and it delivers. But honestly, I bought it as a collection piece because the plate design is so beautiful… But ya, thanks for reading!

7 Likes

Seems like it’s Well-received in Japan too.

2 Likes

Another one, thankfully comes with subtitles this time.

Headphonemetals take on the Galileo.

I got mine today, and the build quality is amazing. I love the look, but the bass hit a bit thin for me. I enjoyed them a lot for classical music, and some jazz, but they weren’t great for classic rock. I was reminded of the Kiwi Ears Cadenza, and the graphs bore that out too. The upside is that I can wear them all day, they are comfortable, and have zero sibilance.

6 Likes

Bisonicr reviews the Galileo.

Vivir Digital unboxes Galileo.

Galileo review by Yu1

Sound Man’s take on Galileo.

Alphaloud reviews the Galileo.

Cutbox Br reviews Galileo.