šŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

Aloha, everybody!
Iā€™m new here and probably donā€™t have much knowledge regarding H-ifi equipments as you guys do, but Iā€™m here now :wink:
I would appreciate any information that can help me decide between S12 and 7Hz timeless.
I listen to music of several different genres, mostly classics(Piano, concertos,etc.), but also jazz and folk(Eva Cassidy, Joan Baez) and Iā€™m also big fan of Tori Amos, Cyndi Lauper and the Chicks.
I currently own Creative Aurvana Air, Etymotic Er2XR and BD Dt 990 Pro.
I really enjoy Air and BD, but found Er2 lack of sound stage really irritating.
Recently I was offered Brand new S12 and Timeless with just 15$ difference, which is nothing.
So here comes the hundred dollar question: Which one should I own?
Thanks a bunch.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to hfgf!

If money was a variable, Iā€™d instantly say S12, but since they are basicly the same price for you, lets ignore that fact. Between them:

Timeless pros: slightly less bright around 8k hz (mid treble) which makes the tuning more balanced, maybe an hair more of sub-bass.

S12: better stage (still not insane, but better), better imaging, fit, build quality.

Hope this helps!

7 Likes

I have both & Iā€™d say thatā€™s a pretty spot on analysis of the 2.

1 Like

Thank you both for the reply. :pray:
Just when I decided to get S12, I saw the Mangird Tea, yes, you read it correctly.
For some reason, I found myself able to afford it as well.
Then I did some reading, which seems the revised Tea sounds bit differently and not in a good way?
So should I still get it?
Also can you test some classical/orchestral music on the two and do a bit comparing(doesnā€™t have to be too much in-depth)?

Hope Iā€™m not asking too much :laughing:
It seems a very costly journey Iā€™ve just started.
Cheers!

Shuoer s12 VS Aladin vs timeless? Pros & cons

Im out to catch some sun, but I can do it later. Mangird Tea is my jam :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I can do that as well, but wasnt that discussed ealier already?

Yes but It Will good if anyone has or had them a comparision close to close

Planars are way more resolving and detailed than Aladdin. Aladdin has better stage and imaging.

Aladdin is very relaxed, almost as Mangird Tea. Both planars are V shaped. S12 has better techs than Timeless.

Donā€™t you own Teas?

5 Likes

Yes. I had the tea yes. but not aladdin or s12.

I found the tea very similar to the timeless. perhaps the tea was less clean (a little lonely) and separated the songs worse.
however the tea gave you a greater surround sound sensation than the timeless.
honestly there is not much difference in tone. something brighter the tea but go similar to be honest.

Aladdin is a worse tea on separation and resolving power. I think you should keep timeless and wait for Tea mk2 or grab Olina if you want a DD :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If someone has been drinking tea, I donā€™t think he should go back and rub the Aladdin lamp or go down in time and 12 samurai. If he drank at least one second cup of tea, he felt all the bliss on earth. :relieved:

2 Likes

Are you a basshead and do you own S12? A true brain shaking bass addicted? Fear not, we got your back.

So, Michael Bruce found that if you EQ stupid amounts of bass on S12, it turns into a clean basshead IEM. You can see his take here.

After talking to him, I decided to try it, but since Iā€™m lazying I EQā€™d

• Low-shelf: +10db @ 160hz Q:1
  • Pre-amp: -12db

and oh my god. It does push air like a DD. Heresy.

If you love bass, try it. If you have something like a gryphon, XBassII + Presence will take you a leap even further. Keep in mind you need like 1W or so to push this amount of EQ volumes, but oh my god, does it rattle.

Not really a serious tuning, but oh my god, everyone is having fun. Enjoy your weekend!

4 Likes

:smirk:

That might beā€¦interestingā€¦

3 Likes

Upsie, fixed. In before I blew someoneā€™s ears lol

1 Like

Sounds terrible to my ears. Too much bleed. If you want, try this and tell me if it is better or worse in your opinion:

Peaking-Filter: +10db @ 20hz Q:0.3333

1 Like

Thatā€™s cleaner, but less slaaaaam. Still dirty :rofl:

Edit: changed LS to 100hz, seems to bleed less and to push more air. Insane :rofl:

3 Likes

Planar IEMs are my endgame audio tech. I cannot wait for more of them. I want to use them for all my sources: mobile, desktop, gaming handheld. Letā€™s hope for a bountiful harvest of planar IEMs.

5 Likes

Micropore tape and itā€™s perfect , no eq needed

2 Likes

OMG I realized I hated this set a little in my latest impression post (while still giving it 9,5/10), but it makes me love my music more and more :heart:
Check this shit on S12 (with basshead shortbus EQ it may be too much for some, but the bass guitar is so niiiiice even raw and naked)

Damn me, I realized why basshead EQ was a little too much - I had it on with xBass on Hip Dac, so it was basshead squared :smiley:

9 Likes