šŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

Iā€™m getting IEM envy. How do they compare with other IEMs in your collection? Or to your Hifiman for that matter?

1 Like

I havenā€™t even gotten 1hr with it yet, canā€™t tell now, need to let my brain burn in lol. But for $119, this is out of the ball park FOR REAL. I do get flashbacks of HE400se, but with better and thicker bass. Probably not as clean as HE400se in the highs, but for overall balance tonality and enjoyment, big YES.

Best blind buy Iā€™ve made so far in the hobby.

10 Likes

Ok no rush! I shouldā€™ve jumped on the early bird sales :sob:

1 Like

Exactly the same here.

Once they are back in stock, you bet Iā€˜ll immediately get one as well :smiley:

2 Likes

Theyā€™re out of stock??

1 Like

They are not available via hifigo, but still are on official Letshuoer website and their AliExpress account

2 Likes

Yeah, at least at Hifigo, which is my go-to store where I buy practically everything from.

I guess you are from VAT zone then and their shipping policy?
If only Linsoul or shenzenaudio have this buyers protection on tax then all those opportunities would open (Oracle, Monarch, B2D)ā€¦ That would get me broken for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah same! Iā€˜ve never had any problem with Hifigo; theyā€˜ve always been fast and throughout when I ordered from them. Itā€˜s also a plus that they ship very fast to Europe (usually just six to ten days to get to me, longest was two weeks) and I never had to pay VAT.

1 Like

Wow that means they ship from Europe. Dang why are they out of stock

1 Like

Wow ok they are not that nice. My country is not even in list when 2 neighbor ones are. They probably are a bit upset because my country supports Taiwan, what a shame.

1 Like

Lithuania? :sweat_smile:

Yes exactly, this shithole

2 Likes

Hi, Taiwanese here, thanks for helping us stand up against a bully :joy: :pray:

On a serious note, very likely thatā€™s the issue, cuz China does that to every country that supports Taiwan. Imagine being trade bullied because your country supports a sovereign state.

3 Likes

Oof, I am very sorry to hear that. Not related, but screw the CCP.

We all just wanna enjoy audio, not be tangled up with some stupid political agenda :pensive:

Edit: once Hifigo has re-stocked on S12, Iā€˜m going to get one. Early impressions all seem to be very positive and I donā€™t have a planar IEM in my collection yet.

4 Likes

Can you please elaborate?

The Timeless has better sub bass extension. Regarding mid and upper bass both perform on the same level.

A few example where I miss the the sub bass on the S12:

Erykah Badu - Danger at 0:42 the bass kicks in. The Timeless feels more visceral and energetic

Kool Keith - Diesel Truckinā€™, The whole track has a crazy addicting bass line. With the Timeless my skull bones rattle in joyful accord. The S12 feels a little anemic.

Rhythm & Sound - King in My Empire, Exemplary deep dub bass track. Same here: S12 feels anemic.

2 Likes

Seems like Timeless has the upper hand in the sub bass region.
I wonder tho, does it do that by sacrificing bass clarity compared to S12?

Hard to tell, the bass on the S12 seems to have more clarity/control. But I guess my brain plays tricks on me or the sub bass frequencies simply mask the perceived bass clarity. Then it would be a deliberate tuning decision by Letshuoer to keep the sub down. Seems plausible.

3 Likes

I really do love my sub bass extension ā€” does the S12 have any ports you could experiment with half covering perhaps?