Linsoul TIN HiFi P1's or Fiio FH5?

That’s just it, getting a good fit with an IEM is make or break to the overall sound which’s so individual…people say the P1 has no bass, this’s mostly down to not getting a good fit, saying this the bass isn’t deep sub or rumble type but quick, fast and articulate…If you’re a basshead then the P1’s aren’t a set I’d recommend…The FH5’s would be better in that respect.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind EQ’ing they respond extremely well and you can get them to pretty impressive bass levels (similar to Blon 03’s)

1 Like

I’ll take Blon03 on any bass head iem on any price range.
For neutrality without being boring unlike p1 il take
Moondrop Starfield
On higher end
Moondrop Blessing 2

1 Like

Two things the P1’s isn’t is neutral and boring imo.

4 Likes

Well I am a guy who prefers neutral sound and accurate sound reproduction, I would take the P1s tbh since I am not much of a bass head myself.

1 Like

Any numbers for the EQ for the bass BTW?

1 Like

Personally I like putting in a +6db shelf at 100hz and below which tails to zero at 250hz.

2 Likes

Preamp: -7 DB
Low-shelfs: 80 HZ, Q:0.64, DB:+2, ; 150 HZ, Q: 1.1, DB: +4,5

That is my setting for the P1 using the neutron PEQ.

2 Likes

Update: So I end up purchasing the Tin P1’s (including accessories linked above). I have been running them for about a total of 5 hours or so and i have to say I am more than impressed with the overall build, fit, sound, and look.

I defiantly agree with most the comments made, these defiantly dont have pronounce bass but its not non-existent, its defiantly there just not as much as I would of liked. That being said they have completely blown me away with its extreme detail within its narrow sound stage. It makes listening to music so much more interesting, being able to pick relatively any sound that being played. Its not overbearing unless you turn up the volume to much, vocals still come out on top of anything clear as day.

I haven’t ran them balanced just yet, the cable just arrived so ill probably end up putting another few hours on them and check back. Honestly these are amazing with everything iv added, the fit amazing with the Comply Ear tips and the Linsoul Upgrade Cable, they seal extremely well blocking out a lot/ if not close to all of the outside noise. I run them over ear, i do agree with “Z” when he states that he wishes the stem was a little longer and I can agree but its a small nit pick. This would just allow the wire to fit a little more snug behind the ear. They really are like in ear concerts, everything so lovingly violent with all that being said.

Thanks to everyone who responded! I will be doing some more testing and reading your guys comments because I ended up with an extra pair of BTR5 and 1More Quad Drivers that I plan on selling for another pair of IEMs (most likely the FH5’s or Ikko OH10s unless i find something more appealing)! I have also acknowledged that you are able to tune this with some of comments below for a little more bass, TBH i have no clue how to do this but the info is there. Ill have to do some research before i go messing up a quality product. I would more then recommend to anyone as long as you can purchase a few accessories.

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! :slight_smile:

1 Like
4 Likes

Oh come on that box looks amazing, cant wait to see the reviews on this. With how incredible the P1’s sound already these should be killer!

Yeah, I hope it is somewhat similar to how the p1 sounds with my eq settings.

1 Like

I almost bought the P1. I need some descent bass to enjoy my IEMs. If the P2 can retain the detail, bring the bass and keep the price down, sign me up.

1 Like

If you can use EQ (PEQ) then the settings I use for it makes it sound very good. I do hope the P2 has that kind of bass right from the start though.

3 Likes

Yeah i heard they where little more bassy than the P1’s, I think that most in part due to the driver difference between earbuds. If anything i think the FH5’s are gonna keep that same crystal sound with added bass and lowends. T2s are a killer price to comparison pair of IEMs though. Hopefully the P2 can even add a driver just for low ends which would pretty much solve any issue with P1’s sounds wise. Just gotta work on shape after but that doesn’t need much work to begin with.

1 Like

P2 could be a nice step up, if you want that, but why get more of the same. You mentioned the ikko OH10 and they are fantastic; I have both the P1 and the OH10 and like both, but OH10 is just way better, s they have the detail but also a better bass.

P1 is a great IEM; when its time for an update, think OH10.

1 Like

I like the what im hearing from the reviews of both the Ikko Oh1 and Ikko Oh10s. I defiantly wouldn’t mind something with a little more bass since im not to smart when it comes to turning with and EQ unfortunately. Iv heard the same things about the FH5’s kinda like the OH10’s but weigh less and a little pricer. I could defiantly rock either one though!

If you want some more bass without any EQ, try taping over the little pin hole next to the nozzle. This will pretty much flatten out the bass role off making the bass better without affecting the rest of the sound.

That P2 shell looks way bigger than the P1’s, I wonder if that means a larger driver diameter?

More bass and ihgher efficiency would be my wish list.

1 Like