Listening to tonight (Part 1)

1 Like

I may have mentioned this elsewhere but I went to see the Genesis And Then There Were Three Tour in the summer of 1978.
Max Webster and Phil Collins jazz fusion side band Brand X opened for Genesis. I actually liked Brand X way better that evening.
To me Genesis wasn’t the same without Peter Gabriel. I didn’t like the way they squeezed out Steve Hackett either, he was twice the guitarist that Rutherford was imho. I think there were a lot of clashing egos in the early years. I lost all respect for Genesis when they did songs like Sussudio, and I Can’t Dance etc. Total Pop Star sellouts. imho.

2 Likes

Tripped to Foxtrot more than any other album :face_with_spiral_eyes: and one of my fav all time albums…but I’ve loved how Genesis moved on…saw them on the Duke tour at Birmingham Odean and that was dope :+1:

2 Likes

:sunglasses: as :penguin::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people loved them later on. That’s cool, I missed the early 70’s prog vibe .
I first saw them as a grade 10 teen when they were promoting Selling England By the Pound. Peter Gabriel was wild then. Moments in time
that you never forget.

2 Likes

At least I managed to get to the last Stonehenge festival :musical_score: :peace_symbol::+1:

2 Likes

Some days I feel like I was alive when they built that place…:wink::laughing:

2 Likes

For sure x2 :+1:

2 Likes

4 Likes

BF2 → HPA-1 → HD 6XX

1 Like

Listening to some of my Erik Truffaz albums tonight.

2 Likes

Listening to the Beatles… This may be blasphemy but I just don’t get it :man_shrugging:

I’ve got all their albums in Flac, I’ve got needledrops (Dr. so and so) and I’ve got several vinyl albums. Sure they have some catchy songs and I understand they have a historical significance akin to Elivs, Ray, Dylan, etc… I just don’t find their music to be particularly dynamic or worth listening to again. Even St. Peppers can barely keep my musical attention.

3 Likes

Side 2 of Abbey Road is where The Beatles really clicked with me. “Because” is skippable but the roller coaster romp of “Medley” is just glorious.

chillaxin to some ratatat.

Amazon HD>Douk U2 Pro>I²S>Gustard X16>Burson Soloist 3x(now super charged)>HE6se V2

I’ll give her a whirl

CD > TEAC P650-B (as a transport) > Geshelli Enog 2 Pro > Yamaha R-S202BL > Klipsch R-620F

2 Likes

The Album -
I can’t seem to find it at any of the usual spots so this Utube has to suffice for the moment