Listening to tonight (Part 1)

I caught this on the way home from work and was actually able to find it on AMHD. So far I’m loving it.

It’s amazing that a guitar can be blended in with a full orchestra.

AMHD > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > Focal Elegia

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

A few highlights from my morning listening. I was all over the place.

3 Likes

On a daily here too, reckless musical madness 24/7 :metal:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow, I’ve been away for a few weeks busy here lately. Looks like lots of new postings to visit this weekend.

Some Kinga:
Friday night Jazz Funk

3 Likes

FLAC > CMUS > JNOG > Erish > BLON B20 HD650

Switched headphones mid-song… Tool sounds better [to me] on dynamic drivers over planars.

4 Likes

Remembering listening to this song on my old Tandberg “Sølvsuper” 10 with a pair of Tandberg speakers back when the Glow album was released. An old inherited amp and speakers that sadly didn’t last long… the amp had a hiss that got worse and worse, and the speaker elemets “rubber surround” disintegrated and i moved on to an onkyo analog 5.1 amp and a pair of acoustic energy AE109 speakers when i started doing a part time job besides going to school… This song was played alot on both systems :slight_smile:

flac > foobar2000 > ifi zen dac > Hifiman he-4XX

2 Likes

Hidee-Ho, Y’all! Happy Friday. Starting off tonight with something a little different

I really liked his work. This is a nice tribute album.

Local FLAC > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle Borea BR02

2 Likes

It’s Our Time - Funky Friday

and another: Plastic

Welcome back @Dobbs
:notes:

2 Likes

Boy it’s been a while since I have posted in this thread. #funkyfriday seems as good a time as any to hop back in.

Vinyl > PL-518 > Mani > Denon x1400h > Polk SDA 2B

3 Likes

Hard to say how much I love this album. I fell in love with RUSH around 1980 and for years this was really the only other Rock album I listened too (other than Rush’s catalog). So many good songs and well recorded and performed. Still a staple in my library.

Funny, I just looked up the publishing date and it was 1984. I thought it was a few years earlier… Oh well, getting old…

1 Like

Seeing the Pretenders led me to relisten to a wonderful performance by Chrissie Hynde on Moodswings. This is part 2 of a 3 part song list on the album. All 3 are worth a listen.

3 Likes

Rasputin’s Stash; Ohh you didn’t
Man, that Quality is Real…

:notes:

1 Like

Check out What It Is! Funky Soul And Rare Grooves. That’s how I discovered these guys. Great comp album

2 Likes

Right On!
now we’re diggin’ into the Chicago-land reserves - here’s another to go with the “stash”

Here’s track 6 (my fav): My Young Misery

2 Likes